Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panfish11

catching bass on the ice

9 posts in this topic

hey i have been having some trouble catching bass under the ice. Any lures or plastics that work good for those finiky bass?

thanks.

iv'e been able to catch them on everything from minnow heads to waxies to plastics so i really can't give you any idea on where to start except the ones i've been catching have been hitting on small hooks

ok thanks for the info maybe im useing too big of lure maybe next time i will try smaller jigs

by the way welcome and i personally haven't but i do know that some people have caught them on shiners under tip ups but thats hit and miss

1232667481.jpg

This came on a shinny colored "gill "getter lure and a waxie.

1232858251.jpg

This Bass came from a medium size minnow and a hand made lure. So I have not noticed any single lure that catches more bass than the others throught the ice.

It might just be the time of year. I normally catch them on early ice and late in the year. I have caught a few around this time in the past but not this year, I haven't caught one for at least a month.

I usually catch them on late ice with a bright yellow/greenish jig tipped with a minnow head.