Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deerhunter

Spearing contest????

33 posts in this topic

Does anyone know about a spearing contest around spring lake this weekend? A buddy saw a flyer for it and I was suprised there hasn't been anything on here about it any info about it would be great

Yeah I guess so I wasn't quite sure either my buddy said you register on Friday or Saturday morning and wiegh in at 4:00 on Saturday and you spear at whatever lake you want to go to he's calling the number he saw on the flyer then will know more

The Southern Lakes Chapter of the MN Darkhouse Assoc. had a member fishing contest with angling and spearing categories last weekend. Fish any lake you want, but be back by 5:00 for a weigh in. They do it every year. Banquet is this weekend in Waseca.

did a search for it. Found a couple of things about it one was in a obituarie about Francis Mahowald says He was the founder of the “Spear Fest” on Spring Lake which will celebrate the 10th anniversary this February. But could not find any dates.

They have it every year it is a called Spearfest. it was like 25 bucks. Looks like a great time, I should have grabbed the number off of the flyer I seen.

Yeah found out it is 25 bucks like I said you register on Friday or Sat morning and wiegh in is at 4:00 AT Spring Lake I guess you get a stocking hat that says Spearfest and they give away door prizes and have a party after wiegh in.I can get the number of who to call if anyone wants it

I might like trying that for the stocking cap, wouldnt mind representin with something that says "spearfest" on it smile Anyone know where it is? Id rather not travel farther than the cities if possible...

whats the number?

which spring lake, the cities is fine I just dont know where to go, are you going? My gf n I would go if we knew where we were going lol, I want the stocking cap haha thats it, well if ya could deerhunter, Id like the address of the lake or where its by, Id register tomorrow morning, other than that I need to know the info tonight ya know.... Thx for the help smile

Spring lake is just south of the town of prior lake. I know a few guys that do this contest every year. Usually takes a 35 inch fish or more to place.

Huey Ill meet you at spring lake if ya want, Im lookin at the spring lake depth charts, looks like some really nice points out there. Ill just spear there. unless someone has a better idea?? Spring Lake is right outta prior lake, looks like a good lake to try....

*need that number so I can call in the morning... Anyone know how clear the water is in Spring lake... If anyone wants to come just to be there let me know, watch me cut a spear hole with a hand auger lol... 1-507-313-1056

well ill show up tomorrow with my money and if they dont wanna register me, I guess Im just on a fishin trip for fun! smile Not gonna stop me from spearin ya know...

Good luck, Laska.

I better stay close to home tomorrow and save my A game for Sunday. The viking green hornet will be mine. smile

lol, sounds good Ill be up sunday by 9am at the latest, sounds like almost everyone is going to the south side of the lake...

Had a good turn out too bad I didnt see a nord til they were on the board!! Least I gotta ball cap!

laska thanks 4 coming out 2 spear fest,hope u had a good time. I was one of the 2 that tide 4 2nd place and try 2 help joel as much as possible.tell all ur buddies about it. prior lake is hot right now,missed a 15 or bigger in the last 2days

country I'll be down next year for sure. its my old stomping grounds and have been dieing to get down there.