Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LOTWSvirgin

Not saying it was a Cougar

36 posts in this topic

Ok I was out looking for shed today. I happened to look up in a tree and saw parts of a deer mostly skin but there were other parts to. What I am wondering is what else would or could do this. I am posting it here cause I dont want to say were in the state I am from cause I dont want to here that they dont exist here. That is also why I am not saying it is a cougar

How big of deer parts? Cougars don't usually feed in trees. I'm guessing Cheetah or Jaguar. wink

Facts are facts. Cougars do exist in MN.

If the carcass was in the tree approx. 12 feet up or higher, there's a good chance a cat put it there.

I drove by a house west of Le Sueur and there was a carcass hanging in a tree but it was only 3 feet off the ground. In this case, the owner obviously put it there..

Not likely a Sasquatch,when their done feeding they take the carcass with them into the third(next)dimension!(So I'm told)c63

Theyre definitely around. I like how the DNR has changed the language from "Youre crazy" to "The exist but are rare."

I have photos of two that were caught on a trail camera not far from where I live.

Must be a couger. If it was a Sasquatch you'd see emty beef jerky bags in the tree.

There's no messin' with Sasquatch.

your all wrong its gotta be those carnivorous aliens lol.......i'd be willing to say a big cat did it how big of sections were up there?

I go for sasquatch, more common around here.

Stop looking in the mirror early in the mornin' Sandmannd. grin

Had a trail camera picture of a Bobcat couple years ago and, according to some google search the kids did, Bobcats hide out in trees.

My guess...bobcat, cougar, or those pesky kids. Of those, I would say the most likely would be a human or a bobcat.

Had a trail camera picture of a Bobcat couple years ago and, according to some google search the kids did, Bobcats hide out in trees.

Yep, and bobcats can get pretty big.

020409bobcat.jpg

Although this one may be unusually large.

http://www.antigodailyjournal.com/full.php?id=7762

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
I go for sasquatch, more common around here.

Stop looking in the mirror early in the mornin' Sandmannd. grin

Hey!!!!!! mad I'd be insulted if it wasn't partially true!! grin

I always thought Sasquatch buried his food when done. How else can you explain what I keep finding when I bury my food.

im originally from MOntana and my first Elk that I downed w/ a bow had been taken over by a mountain lion. He buried the liver and organs with dirt and proceeded to dine on the flesh when I arrived. Between my shot and finding the elk, it must of been only 30-45 minutes. He then scattered up a tree and came back down running. He did climb the tree pretty fast. But thats a mountain lion. I'm sure this one was a sasquatch. :P

Cougar? smirk

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Last cougar I saw.... I married... those things are tricky for sure... smile

Top one resembles racoons, to me. Bottom one??? could be...