Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
river rat316

Drop Down trailer axels?

17 posts in this topic

Where do you get the drop down trailer axel assemblies at? Me and a buddy are looking at building one and its about the only thing we can't seem to find, I checked Fish house supply and just about every where else, but can't seem to find anywhere just selling an axel assemblie!

Try going through a actual builder of drop trailers, or Pioneer Wheel & Tire, they are a major trailer parts supplier of all types.

If you are welding your own frame you just make your own using tubing, hubs, wheels and such from a place like nortern tool, or fleeet farmer.

northern tool, fish house supply, milaca unclaimed freight. I know a guy in New Prague / Montgomery are that makes best frame around!!!!!!!!

Ya you just make your own from northern tool, Its not something I would recommend doing unless you know what your really doing. A trailer built square is pretty easy to accomplish but there is a pitch to the actual axels and assembly that make the trailer ride real smooth. I'm sure we all have pulled those trailers that ride down the road that swing back and forth! It's worth the money in the long run in my opinion

Ya you just make your own from northern tool, Its not something I would recommend doing unless you know what your really doing. A trailer built square is pretty easy to accomplish but there is a pitch to the actual axels and assembly that make the trailer ride real smooth. I'm sure we all have pulled those trailers that ride down the road that swing back and forth! It's worth the money in the long run in my opinion

That's OK to purchase the assembly's, but you have to be able to attach them correctly to the frame also. That to me is the most time consuming part of it. Getting the toe and camber settings correct so you get a trailer that rides nice and won't wear tires out.

I looked for axles forever. Most of the house builders only want to sell a completed frame. The only place that I found that sells plans and completed axle assembly's was Gordons Landscaping. No idea on what kind of quality they might be.

northern tool, fish house supply, milaca unclaimed freight. I know a guy in New Prague / Montgomery are that makes best frame around!!!!!!!!

Do you know his name or number? I am from the NP area.

I know Dallas. That is my buddies wife's dad. He used to be part of D&D welding in heidelberg.