• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some things you've seen on your underwater camera other than fish?

Bennybob

Can't count how many anchors I have seen. Wish I had a heavy duty magenant to pull them up. Other than that I have seen lots of cans a few lawn chairs a old motor an oar bunch of tires oh and a dart and a cell phone that fell down the hole.

Where did you see a dart? I lost one (actually my son) down a hole this year.

Ron, I think you may have found Alantis! laugh It looked like there may have been a Crappy or two in there also!

I have a few more videos of it also. I found it on a fairly calm day while following along the weed edge and casting. I looked down to see what the depth was and all of the sudden it showed the bottom come up 6 feet or so like a ledge. About as quicky as it came up it went back down. I quicky backed up with the trolling motor and saw it again. Luckily I had enough sense to hit the mark button on my hummingbird, which not only saved the spot but captured a side imaging picture. This was the second picture I snapped.

S00186.jpg

the usual cans plastic bottles. whats really cool is the bottom of the lake srtucture. once i thuoght i seen a old type army box. seen it for a split second lost it then couldnt find it agian. oh yeah almost forgot my camera was used to fish out an atv my friend dropped in the lake.

This winter I rented a sleeper house from Appeldoorns. I was told that the group that was in the house before us dropped something down one of the holes. So when we got all set up I put my camera down to check it out. To our surprise it was a Stanley tripod flashlight. The best part about it was that it was still turned on. About 15 min. later one of the guys that I was with said he got it. He fished it out! The thing looked brand new and still works today. (By the way, that was the only thing he caught all weekend)

Up at Red Lake last weekend we viewed a Club Red ice scoop and two filleted, illegally kept walleye carcasses beneath our house. We were able to retrieve the scoop and one of the stinky walleyes. Gross.

I wasn't paying attention this december while fishing for cats. Of course had one take my rod through the hole. we had a marcum camera with us, used that to locate and snag my rod. got the rod back and the cat that took it! my buddy caught the retrieval on camera, we also saw plenty of cats swimming around in 35fow

"They found the plane when they were fishing for walleyes so they didnt have to drill any holes."

So I have been doing things wrong all these years... But how do you get the lure thrugh the ice without drilling holes? grin

I found calvert tubes sank just a weed line. My little hot spot from pannies. This fall caught a 22 1/2" & 23" largemouth and a 28" walleye near the tubes. I release all caught fish caught over tubes, sort like having pet fish. NEVER SKUNKED smile

i was fishing in 38 ft of water for whitefish and repositioned my camera and to my supprise i saw a battery just like the external one i use for my own camera since the fishing was slow and the fish were not biting i put on a big jig spoon and with a little work about ten minutes later i was hauling up a battery and let me tell you they sure dont fight much but man they sure pull hard lol well it was a sealed battery so i took it home and charged it and i am still using it today as a backup battery so for 10 minute of work i scored a 18 dollar battery