• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where would you go?

WalleyeGuy85

My buddy and I have spring break from March 13-22 and instead of going south, we want to go on a fishing trip for a couple of days. Where would you go and why? We were thinking either Devils lake or Lake of the Woods. Either place we would go we will need some suggestions about where to fish, stay etc. Thanks

It was either perch eyes or perch patrol that I would have gone to, but they were booked when I wanted to go. One of the only few sleepers you can rent on Devils. Going back to LOTW instead, but great prices, and worth looking at, plus, more lines!

I'd go to Canadian LOW... wait that is where I'm going for my spring break cool

If you hunt snow geese you could go to DL and make it combo trip with ice fishing and some spring snow goose hunting... might be a little early in the migration but that could be one awesome week!

I love LOW, it has always been very good to me. But, if I had the choice I might go to Devils just to give it a shot. From what I hear the big northern bite is heating up just about then and the perch are always good too.

i will myself never waste my time going back to devils last march i went for 4 days and caught 4 fish what a joke, i think the lake is fished out the perch patrol was having no luck either they actually took some people to some other near by lake to catch northerns so i would say go to the lake of the woods

My buddies and I used to head north as well for our Spring breaks while in college. LOW was always our destination and I've never experienced ice fishing as good as we had it then. Hundred fish days were the norm and we never needed to dole out extra $$$ for the use of a guide service (Perch Patrol etc...). We always brought our own gear and fished wherever we wanted which saved us alot of cash also. This was 20 years ago, but LOW would still be my choice.

Devils Lake has been steady all season this year. I have yet to get skunked on walleyes and from what I hear the perch have really picked up lately. I can't wait for March. When the weather starts to warm up many people quit fishing. You can have the whole lake basically to yourself during some of the best fishing of the year: Late ice.