Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WalleyeGuy85

Where would you go?

23 posts in this topic

My buddy and I have spring break from March 13-22 and instead of going south, we want to go on a fishing trip for a couple of days. Where would you go and why? We were thinking either Devils lake or Lake of the Woods. Either place we would go we will need some suggestions about where to fish, stay etc. Thanks

It was either perch eyes or perch patrol that I would have gone to, but they were booked when I wanted to go. One of the only few sleepers you can rent on Devils. Going back to LOTW instead, but great prices, and worth looking at, plus, more lines!

Jason Mitchell has sleepers now on Devils Lake, but I'd go to LOW anyways.

I'd go to Canadian LOW... wait that is where I'm going for my spring break cool

If you hunt snow geese you could go to DL and make it combo trip with ice fishing and some spring snow goose hunting... might be a little early in the migration but that could be one awesome week!

Well, since walleye seasons over by then, Las Vegas.

I love LOW, it has always been very good to me. But, if I had the choice I might go to Devils just to give it a shot. From what I hear the big northern bite is heating up just about then and the perch are always good too.

Yeah kinda what i was thinking too, wanted to go to red but simce walleye season will be closed by then these ended up the 2 options

Jumbo perch and walleye fishing is typically really good up on Devils in March. That would be my choice.

i will myself never waste my time going back to devils last march i went for 4 days and caught 4 fish what a joke, i think the lake is fished out the perch patrol was having no luck either they actually took some people to some other near by lake to catch northerns so i would say go to the lake of the woods

wow thats really disheartening to hear. I thought that Devils lake was supposed to be the ticket that time of year.

like i said not worth the drive to me !! i could of stayed home and at least caught a mess of whitefish

My buddies and I used to head north as well for our Spring breaks while in college. LOW was always our destination and I've never experienced ice fishing as good as we had it then. Hundred fish days were the norm and we never needed to dole out extra $$$ for the use of a guide service (Perch Patrol etc...). We always brought our own gear and fished wherever we wanted which saved us alot of cash also. This was 20 years ago, but LOW would still be my choice.

Well, since walleye seasons over by then, Las Vegas.
Walleye is open until april 14th on lake of the woods it is a boundry water!

Devils Lake has been steady all season this year. I have yet to get skunked on walleyes and from what I hear the perch have really picked up lately. I can't wait for March. When the weather starts to warm up many people quit fishing. You can have the whole lake basically to yourself during some of the best fishing of the year: Late ice.

good to hear that devils lake has been good this year im still up in the air good thing its not for a month