• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New flasher arrived!

acarroline

I want to say "thank you" to everyone who answered my many questions regarding flashers.

After much thought, I purchased the Marcum VX-1 Pro. I was able to get this at what I beleive was an outstanding price, with a soft case, charger, and additonal summer puck transducer, as well as free shipping!

The reason I chose the VX-1 pro was the bottom zoom, ability to use in the canoe and on the ice, and the great price I got for the entire package.

I can't wait to get out this weekend and try it out!

Anything special I need to do the first few times to insure long battery life? I let it charge overnight, will that fully charge? Should I let the battery run all the way down the first few times?

Anything special I need to do the first few times to insure long battery life? I let it charge overnight, will that fully charge? Should I let the battery run all the way down the first few times?

Congratulations on your purchase. I recommend you order a MarCum DCS 100 charging system and you will have no worries. I leave mine hooked up all during the ice season, 3 stage charger, auto-shut off and it keeps my battery in tip top shape. In the off season just disconnect the DCS 100 from the terminals and charge bi-monthly. Great investment.. Thanks for choosing MarCum. You will find your new VX-1P very easy to operate and you will enjoy it.

Can I post the name of the store? Isn't there some type of forum rule on that? I would be more than happy to pass along the name of the store, as they have been a great joy to deal with! Let me know...

You can say the store name, you can not give any contact info. ie phone# or web address, etc.

I called Reed's to see about the charger. From what they told me they have the charger/digital screen in stock, but they told me i would want the digital screen that clamps on the battery and gives the % of charge. This way I can use my current charger, and mount this new digital screen on my battery to give 5 of charge while charging and also while in use. Unfortunately that is on backorder.

CNY Tim, how can I contact you to get what I need squared away?

With most deep cell batteries you do not want to let them run down any more than necessary. No bringing it all the way to the bottom. This will shorten the life. Also, store them in a fully charged state. When not in use for an extended period, take them out and top off the charge every month or so. This should maximize the lifespan.

and as far as charging time. It all depends on the charger. My charger's trickle rate is 2 amp. Most flasher batteries are about 7 amp hour, so if it was effectively dead, it should take about 3.5 hours at that rate. (In theory). A slower charge than that would not be a bad thing either. I have a smaller charging unit but i don't remember the rate.

How do you attach this MarCum BCI 50 Battery Monitor to your battery while the actual monitor lines are connected? Can they both be on at the same time?

The monitor connects to the battery and it has posts on it to connect the lines to.

Can I post the name of the store? Isn't there some type of forum rule on that? I would be more than happy to pass along the name of the store, as they have been a great joy to deal with! Let me know...

You can post the name of the store but not contact information.

Cliff

It looks like this BCI 50 attached the same way my unit attached to the battery. My charger has clips. Can i attach the BCI-50 and the actual unit at the same time? I would assume I can attach the BCI 50 unit to the battery with the shown male/female connectors, then clip on the charger...is this right?

http://www.thornebros.com/winter/electronics/electronics_marcum/BCI50_monitor.html