• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Catfish Insider 2009

hanson

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: shackbash

Insiderimg.jpg

I call shenanigans. There is not going to be a magazine this year, I don't think. Looks like Shack just photoshopped an old cover. I knew it looked familiar, and sure enough, I went back through my archives and found the 1989 issue has the SAME PICTURE!

1989_cover.jpg

I remember that 1989 issue like it was yesterday... smirk

No insider none zip nilch nine zero mags on hand but it was a pretty good prank the hopes we had for that mag but maybe he's lieing or we need call demand an insider or make our own 2009 KOTC INSIDER alright this is were you list all your favorite spots

Well.. if it is true and In-Fisherman is not putting one out this year. I find that very disappointing and I feel a little bit robbed. The truth is.. it has been a few years since In-fisherman has given the time to the catfish angler anyway. I wasn't too impressed with the past couple of years issues so maybe I shouldn't be that disappointed. They probably would have just re-hashed something or published one of their articles from an in-fisherman magazine in the late 1990's. They did finally release the 3rd book in the critical concept series, which is nice, it was just two years later than they had reported.

There needs to be a magazine dedicated to cats. Oh, I know there is one out there, but I suggest you avoid it. They took my subscription money and I ended up with about 3 magazines. I got tired of having to harass them to send it out to me and just gave up.

There needs to be a magazine dedicated to cats. Oh, I know there is one out there, but I suggest you avoid it. They took my subscription money and I ended up with about 3 magazines. I got tired of having to harass them to send it out to me and just gave up.

I assume you are referring to ProCats?

Yeah it's too bad because that was a good one. I believe we have 1 or 2 former contributors to that mag floating around here.

Print media has taken a nosedive and it just isn't cost effective anymore.

So they did come out? crazy I only ask because I did actually order a copy over the phone a few weeks ago along with pike/ski insider. It'd be a shame if it didn't come out b/c they placed my order without any concern for availability. Shack, if Bonnie from Intermedia is also in on this with you then job well done...that was some serious shenanigans. blush

Not sure if it was ProCats. What is their story? Their magazine tank or are their issues with subscribing to them?

I'll have to look tonight and see what my magazine was, I think it was Catfish Gold, but I may be muddling things up with my poor memory.