• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Catfish Insider 2009

hanson

Patience young grasshopper wink

IMO they save the best for last.

I have first hand "in-sider" confirmation of the 2009 issue being done and reviewed. wink

I would have a copy by now, but did not have the time or feel like making the drive last week.

More to come very soon.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't be the same "insider" info about the 4/15 release date, is it? grin

You better go back and re-read my two posts about that release date grin Never said "they will be on the shelves" or anything like wink. Technically the issue was final printed and distributed to a special few on the 15th wink

Let's just say they are in route right now! cool

Whats funny is my buddy and I got into a argument in gander over this. He says that they're not coming out with one and I started quoting Shack. Yep not looking good for me and my pocket book. Shame on you shack shame on you. smiley-angry009.gif smiley-angry017.gif Just kidding Shack I blame the woman on the phone.

P.S. Moral of the story, don't quote someone without doing your homework. You pocket book wont like it.

Just made the call to publisher of IN-Fisherman (Intermedia Outdoors) and talked with Bonnie. She said aprox April 15th is the release date and they are going to have one for-sure! I asked her about the new edition and she did not know anything as of now on what is going to be in it.

You guys crack me up grin

Yep, good old Bonnie is my inside contact. She had a fresh copy of the issue on her desk April 15th (call and ask her wink ). Could have drove up their and picked one up, but a 1.5 hour dirve from Elk River just did not seem that fun at the time. She checked and said they are in the warehouse that day and have to divided up and transferred to a shipping center and then UPS ground takes them to a distributor and the distributor takes them to the stores. She did say (not on the record) the stores will get them before those who ordered them would.

There is a 2009 issue! Just waiting! grin

I think it would be an awesome idea if everyone who can was to call Bonnie right away in the morning at Intermedia and inquire on the where-abouts of the 2009 Catfish Guide In-sider. grin Make a little ruckus of sorts and maybe and earlier release date next year and some hype to help ensure a 2010 issue! wink

This is like the superbowl....build-up then the letdown.laugh

Slowhand, that is what each and every one of us does everyday of our lives grin

Gotta have the build up and the harsh realties that come after. It is the American dream in full effect wink

we are a crazy breed, how many people called up there an inquired about the Bass insider? whistle

You got that right Dtro!

I have held the walleye and the pike/musky In-sider in my hands at the stores, but yet to purchase one grin Just is not the same! grin

Hi guys! My name is Scott Wiseman and I was featured in this years Catfish Insider in an article titled Day vs. Night Tactics written by Dan Anderson. This years magazine I think will be a very good one. The last couple issues have been good, but somewhat of a dissapointment...at least to me, a full time catfisherman. Anyway, I have been watching this thread for a while now to see when it comes out (Yeah..they couldnt tell me either) and I just wanted to say I have enjoyed y'alls HSOforum immensely. Keep up the good work.

Welcome to FM, Indy. Good to see some out-of-staters on here. There's a few, but not enough. There's a wealth of catfishin knowledge in states besides MN, in fact I'd say less than 5% of people catfish up here. Chime in with any tactics, techniques, or just general cattin info, and have your friends sign up too!

Welcome Indycatguy smile

Looking forward to the issue. Also looking forward to you sharing some of your reports. We have a couple guys from FM heading south soon to fish for those blues. I am sure they would love to pick your brain grin

Nice avatar.

Welcome aboard Indy. Sure am looking forward to the Insider this year! Nice to hear from some Indiana folks...I went to college in Evansville. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to tackle the Ohio River. Go Aces!

I'll fall in line with a big WELCOME!!

We're a bit of a weird bunch here going all Lady Gaga about an annual issue of a catfish magazine but what the heck. grin

I can't wait to read your article as well, In-Fish always has good sticks contributing info.