• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quiver on or off?

Rippinlip

Off while practicing. On to-and-from the parking spot to stand/blind. Off once in position and I always take one arrow out of the quiver within easy reach. You never know when you made need the stand-bye due to an unnoticed missing blade, damaged vane or cracked/broken nock on the one you loaded at predawn. Also, the extra out of the quiver arrow can be nocked up with a whole lot less noise and motion if others follow the lead into your shooting lane.

So where do you put/hang this extra arrow?

If I'm still or stalk hunting or staying put for a while in a ground position, like behind a blind, or nestled up against a tree, or sitting in a ambush pocket, I will typically be sitting on my archer's chair. I'm careful to place the detached quiver along with my backpack behind me. I place the fall-back/second arrow propped up on my right hind side with the broadhead down and the fletchings up. I make sure it is low enough that it won't get in the way if I have to turn to the right, yet within easy reach if I need it in a hurry.

I use the same strategy when I'm up in a stand. It's a little easier in a tree because typically, I do not have the backpack. I just simply remove the spare arrow from the quiver (which holds four). Then I secure the quiver out of the way and then place the spare arrow on my right hand side, usually with sharp end pointing dow or away. That way I can get quickly nocked again without much noise, motion or effort.

With the exception of Dietz's answer, where do you all hang your quiver while in the tree?

Do you have the tree attachment for your quiver?

If not I think there would be some movement if you just hang it from a tree step thing.

How many of you hunt out of climbers that remove your quiver?

I know this is alot of questions, but I like seeing the variety and like stated earlier, cool thing is nobody is wrong.

Where do you find this in the real world, where nobody is wrong.

With the exception of Dietz's answer, where do you all hang your quiver while in the tree?

Do you have the tree attachment for your quiver?

If not I think there would be some movement if you just hang it from a tree step thing.

How many of you hunt out of climbers that remove your quiver?

I know this is alot of questions, but I like seeing the variety and like stated earlier, cool thing is nobody is wrong.

Where do you find this in the real world, where nobody is wrong.

I hook it between arrorw and rubber grommet, push against tree, on my righthand side. usually enough weight to hold it against tree and not blowing around

The only time the quiver is on the bow is while walking in. Once in the tree I strap it to my backpack and my pack is strapped right near the treestand seat on my left side (I'm left handed). I think it's quicker than pulling an arrow from a quiver when a quick follow up shot is needed.

I do still take a few practice shots every season with the quiver attached. You never know when you'll have an opportunity. I've shot a few deer while walking to my stands.

I hunt out of a climber nearly all the time and the best thing I've found to do with the quiver is to tie it to the leftover strap tag end from the strap that tightens the top seat portion of the climber to the tree. I have an alpine quiver with 2 graphite rails that make for good places to tie to. Not the greatest for trying to grab a new arrow for a follow up shot but it keeps it out of the way the rest of the time.