• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quiver on or off?

Rippinlip

I was just wondering if you target shoot and hunt with your quiver on or off your bow?

Myself I shoot a ton of 3D's and I have a hip quiver, but I always attach my quiver to my bow because that is the way I hunt, with it attached.

I see all the "professionals" on TV hunting with their quiver on, but I bet most hunt with it off, then put it back on for the edited (fake) view of them shooting the deer. I don't want anything extra on my bow in case I have to shoot behind my tree or some other awkward postition, and I don't have to worry about sponsors getting mad at me. I guess it might be nice to have it on your bow in case you miss and need a second arrow fast, but I usually will take a 2nd arrow off the quiver and put it somewhere that I can get it quickly. Besides, I never miss. wink

I leave mine on all the time, while hunting. In fact I couldn't take mine off if I wanted. Never found a removeable one quiet enough for me.

I do remove mine during the off season for target shooting.

Off.

A bow mounted quiver is the #1 cause of bow noise at the moment of the shot. No bow ever made will throw an arrow faster than the speed of sound. A human can react to a noise in 1/10th of a second. A deer, who hears much better than we do, and is wired for reaction, will react to the same noise in less than 1/100th of a second. Most bad shots,and bad hits on deer occur because of that reaction. ("Jumping string", ducking the shot, etc.)

You guys do what you want. I want the most quiet bow shootable. For me, that means removing the quiver.

p.s. -I forgot to mention the "hand torque" added when you add the weight of the quiver.

Off.

A bow mounted quiver is the #1 cause of bow noise at the moment of the shot. No bow ever made will throw an arrow faster than the speed of sound. A human can react to a noise in 1/10th of a second. A deer, who hears much better than we do, and is wired for reaction, will react to the same noise in less than 1/100th of a second. Most bad shots,and bad hits on deer occur because of that reaction. ("Jumping string", ducking the shot, etc.)

You guys do what you want. I want the most quiet bow shootable. For me, that means removing the quiver.

p.s. -I forgot to mention the "hand torque" added when you add the weight of the quiver.

That is why mine is locked on solid. Time will come when your shot opportunity comes quickly and you won't have time to remove the quiver.

And "hand torque" is not an issue. I've shot thousands of arrows over the years with no noticable decline in accuracy.

ON all the time, while target shooting and hunting. I've practiced with it on, it doesn't affect my accuracy, why bother taking it off? Plus I don't want one more piece of gear to hang and possibly blow around when I'm in my stand. I've even modified my case so that I can leave it on all the time, no fumbling around in the dark trying to get my quiver on.

Off while practicing. On to-and-from the parking spot to stand/blind. Off once in position and I always take one arrow out of the quiver within easy reach. You never know when you made need the stand-bye due to an unnoticed missing blade, damaged vane or cracked/broken nock on the one you loaded at predawn. Also, the extra out of the quiver arrow can be nocked up with a whole lot less noise and motion if others follow the lead into your shooting lane.