Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott Stein

Bowfishing

15 posts in this topic

how many of u guys bowfish? i bought a AMS package last year for my bow but never got a chance to use it

I love bowfishing, I taught 3 of my kids how and I carry my take down recurve in my boat all the time, you never know when you may come across nice shooting!

ive been waiting for someone to start up this thread..

just 82 more days and counting!!!!! WHOOO

why aren't you out bowfishing right now. it's open till the last sunday in february. my friends went out 2 weekends ago and got 198 carp in one day. it's almost better than night bowfishing.

why aren't you out bowfishing right now. it's open till the last sunday in february. my friends went out 2 weekends ago and got 198 carp in one day. it's almost better than night bowfishing.

Thats a lot of fish to eat!

yea i'm looking at getting into it this year any advice on equipment would be great not lookin to get to fancy just looking to have fun what type reel do you use? what type arrow?what kind of draw weight are you pulling? sry i'm a newbie but i think it'll be a blast... o yea what are the dates for bow fishing? are there any rule or regs cause i can't find them in the book

go w/ the AMS reel ($75-$80)its the bottle type so when you shoot you dont have to worry about a reel getting tangled while its unwinding,i have a muzzy bowfishing arrow ($20) and im usin a Hoyt MTSPORT at 56# draw weight

I agree on the bottle reel. I've got an ancient compound with a 35# draw. Sometimes I wish it had a little more power, but a light draw is nice. You can shoot a lot without your arm getting sore. I would not use a good bow. Buy a cheap one. They get dirty and beat up, plus you don't really want sights on it.

where bouts can you do that?

I'll second that! If I could find a good spot, I'd give it a go right now.

ya we smoked a few, gave a bunch away and then brought the rest to the mink farm. we were bowfishing on a river in the area.

go w/ the AMS reel ($75-$80)its the bottle type

i bet you could find cheaper ones on the internet

I bring them to the Rabis sp? They cook them I dont now how they do it but it is pretty good. I cant wait for the river to open so I can get shooting

its a blast especially when they're so thick ya get two carp in one shot. then comes the fun part trying to untangle them while there flopping around and your cussing up a storm