Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
echo2010

ATA Taekwondo

8 posts in this topic

I am a black belt in Taekwondo and have attended a couple tournaments that consist of people in the area. Region 114 is the Iowa and Minnesota area.

Anyone here in Taekwondo? Past or present

my wife is testing in march for her 2nd degree black black,my 12 year old daughter is 2 mid terms away from her 2nd degree,my 9 year old son is a first degree and wants to quit it.me im just the guy that better behave and listen or ill get hurt from them all.i think my wife is going to compete at the st.paul tourney thats coming up soon.

Our family is involved in the World Tae Kwon Do Federation. My hubby is a 4th degree (master), oldest daughter is a 2nd degree, and other two daughters quit after attaining their 2nd degree junior black belt. I had to quit as a blue belt due to knee problems.

While the ATA and World TKD Fed. are different governing bodies, they are similar in many ways.

All in all, it's a great sport. A great way to work out frustrations and stress. grin

I trained threw out the eighties under 8th Dan Grand Master Joel Coles’s. He had moved around his dojo in Elk River for sevral years. He now has owned a place in Otsego where he still teaches.

I made it to brown belt red stripe before I moved on. I wished I would have kept in it. It was fun. I won some medals (bronze)in Twin Cities Tourney's, but to me it was gold back then grin. One I can remember was in Roseville.

My father was the one who got me started, but hurt him self in 84 or 85 and stopped going.

I still see Joel around town and thank him for all he taught me. Very nice guy!

My son is training for his white belt. Right now he is still working to complete all of his stripes. He is 6.

That is fantastic!

I am planning on going back for my second degree here pretty quick but with the economy the way it is, money is tight right now.

Hmmmm, maybe I will be able to see some of you at tournaments!

Our family is involved in the World Tae Kwon Do Federation. My hubby is a 4th degree (master), oldest daughter is a 2nd degree, and other two daughters quit after attaining their 2nd degree junior black belt. I had to quit as a blue belt due to knee problems.

While the ATA and World TKD Fed. are different governing bodies, they are similar in many ways.

All in all, it's a great sport. A great way to work out frustrations and stress. grin

you got quite a dangerous family! lol

Good age to get him started.

My kids are all in it. My daughter is a black belt, and both sons are red belts...they took time off with just 2 belts to go...uhhhhgg