• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Spare Rib Recipe

I am always getting requests for this recipe.

2 racks of Spare ribs, or if you prefer, babybacks

1 bottle of Italian Dressing (not low fat, I mean Cmon, we are eating ribs!)

Lawry's seasoning salt

liquid smoke

pepper

Favorite Bar B Q Sauce

Line pan with aluminum foil with enough hanging over to roll together to form a seal.

Cut racks into 4ths and place in pan. Pour dressing over the top allowing it to form a pool on the bottom of pan.

Sprinkle ribs with about 1 tsp of liquid smoke. Sprinkle Lawry's and black pepper to taste.

Roll excess foil on top to seal in ribs. Bake for about 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours, opening and turning ribs 2 to 3 times until fully cooked.

Remove from oven and put on gas or charcoal grill.

Smother with favorite sauce and grill for about 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

Hey echo2010!

I gave your spare rib recipe a whirl! The family thought it was awesome! Thanks for the recipe. I made big points with mama too when she got home and supper was all done and ready to eat! (wink..wink) I will definitely use it again.

mmmmmmmmmm...getting hungary for them ribs again now!

Thanks,

Thor

sounds like a nice summer meal. During the winter I like the heavy meals, if you may. I take the ribs and cut em into handy size peices and set them aside. Then I take the jar type kraut, rinse it real good, and add some carroway, baby carrots. salt, pepper, garlic powder and a few cubed potatoes and 1/2 can of beer. Let the kraut cook about an hour on a slow simmer. Now, take the ribs and mix them into the kraut and simmer til they are really tender. I do this on the stove top in a big enough stock pot.

Hey echo2010!

I gave your spare rib recipe a whirl! The family thought it was awesome! Thanks for the recipe. I made big points with mama too when she got home and supper was all done and ready to eat! (wink..wink) I will definitely use it again.

mmmmmmmmmm...getting hungary for them ribs again now!

Thanks,

Thor

Glad you liked it!

My family goes nuts over it and steaming them in the dressing in the oven eliminates the Par boiling!

Easy and yummy