• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Console Plans?

Lund

First post, looks like a great forum. I have a 17' Lund Pro Guide SS Angler with a single console. I purchased a full walk through windshield that I will be installing. I was wondering if anyone has any console plans. I was planning on building them out of plywood and carpeting to match the boat.

Looking for suggestions as I don't want them to look like boxes, curved edges would be a bonus. Just need some ideas and some vision. Pics would be great.

Thanks.

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota!

I don't have too much for console plans... I think I'd copy the same overall shape / dimensions as your existing console, but add storage spots instead of the gauges,etc.

I'd be interested to see your completed project when it's done!

marine_man

Thanks, Northlander. I wish I could say that I did have plans, but every boat is so different, and I dont know if weve ever worked on more that 2 or 3 of the same model and year. Usually we just go over what the customer has in mind and and what he wants it to look like when it's done, and just build it from scratch. The key is to just take your time and re-assess it after each step to see if it is taking the shape of what you want

Thanks, Northlander. I wish I could say that I did have plans, but every boat is so different, and I dont know if weve ever worked on more that 2 or 3 of the same model and year. Usually we just go over what the customer has in mind and and what he wants it to look like when it's done, and just build it from scratch. The key is to just take your time and re-assess it after each step to see if it is taking the shape of what you want

Thanks for the reply. There's a fishing/boat show this weekend, prob best to bring a camera and get some ideas. I do have a few questions: 1) What do I coat the plywood with prior to carpeting? Should I fiberglass it, or just apply resin? 2) I have a pretty good idea what I want it to look like, just not sure what to use where all the new boats have a molded dash over the carpeted console.

I am going to throw away many Crestliner dashes, they are from FishHawks, all tan color and no gauges or switches (just the plastic cap), if you want some you can have as many as you want..... send me an email

I am going to throw away many Crestliner dashes, they are from FishHawks, all tan color and no gauges or switches (just the plastic cap), if you want some you can have as many as you want..... send me an email

Thanks, that's a kind offer. I just sent you an e-mail. May be a problem as I'm in Ontario. Could always ship collect? I would need both the driver and passenger side. Are these for a full windshield? Pics would be fantastic.

You wont need the glass for strength, but if you plan on getting creative with curves, then it will definitely come in handy. As for coating, since it's never in an environment where it stays wet for a long period of time like a floor or transom, it's not really neccessary. It will last forever, but if you want peace of mind, you can use some fiberglass resin.