• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Building Fish house need suggestions please!

TWISTERSOCK

Hi I just purchased a new 14ft trailer with a 3 foot vnose. I framed the entire thing and installed the windows and door. I just have a couple questions as far as doing the roof and siding.

Where are some of the places that you guys have gotten your siding from? Also is lap siding like a gander mountain one the best or is it better to go with cargo siding? I sheeted my exterior walls so strength shouldn't be an issue.

Also if your suggestions are to go with a rubber roof are you putting a drip edge on the edge of the house and gluing the rubber to the top of the drip cap and does it stick fairly well?

One last question is interior paneling. What are some of your recommendations on what to use and price would be helpful also!

Thanks everyone! I'm one of those no so lucky unemployed carpenters so any savings is a plus!

i used that pro rib siding from menards is kind of expensive but it was well worth the money.as for the roof i would go with the pro rib stuff.rubber could rot away with the hot months.for your interior i would use white it brightens things up in there.

twister rock,

www.fishhousesupply.com

looks like you are located in buffalo. fish house supply is in your back yard. They are excellant to work with and trustworthy!

I would go with alluminum siding for MANY reasons. Will last forever!

Inside VERY thin white luann board 4X8 sheets key is white to keep your house brite! ALSO put in THIN LITE lighting. Very bright and take draw low voltage.

Rubber roof or a one piece galvanized is good.

-Aluminum siding is a must, both kinds you mentioned are good. I bought siding from a local trailer builder/welder. I had to wait for him to get a big enough order together to get mine, but it was worth the wait. Talk to someone you know at a local welding shop (like maybe the guy who built your trailer). Usually they can buy that stuff at a discount, and if you're willing to wait, you can get a great deal.

-Rubber roof is the way to go. Park your house inside or in the shade and you'll never have a problem (about 90% of campers have rubber roofs). Plus its relatively cheap.

-Personally I love the look of tounge and groove for the inside. T&G is strong, water does not damage it, and it looks awesome for a long long time. I've tried to use cheaper stuff in the past and ended up repacing it. When it comes to fish houses, "Do it right once" is my motto!

I just finished siding my house. Bought aluminum sheets from Distict Builders (makers of Lodge houses) & worked out very well (used 10 sheets of 12 I purchased). Purchased one peice galv. roof material. I had never worked with it but turned out to be easy to work with. Also purchased t & g pine from Menards when it was on sale around first of year, had it sealed by a friend & should be putting it on soon. I also have a 14' v trailer (6.5' w).

Thanks Guys for all the help!! I've dealt with Fish house supply and yes they are very good and close. However the trailer was in waterville and most of there stock is located in Brainerd, but ordering the stuff only took 1 day to get here. I've just been trying to get some ideas as far as alternatives for my siding, because i'm running short on my budget.

I know a guy who got a great deal on siding at the Habbitat for Humanity Store in Brainerd. I dont know what they all sell but we are currently doing a remodel on Rush Lake in Cross Lake and lots of the gutted stuff is heading to Habbitat for Humainty. If I was to build another house I would definetly check them out.