Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Far-I

Hey- Can my kid fish two lines under my license?

13 posts in this topic

i let my 2 kids fish with 2 lines.as long as the kids can land the fish they should be entitled to use 2 lines just like the rest of us.

A resident under the age of 16 years may take fish without a license.

No, the title of the post was "Hey- Can my kid fish two lines under my license? " The answer is yes if his kid is under 16.

Wait- he can take his own limit? I thought it had to be combined with mine.

Wait- he can take his own limit? I thought it had to be combined with mine.

Nope, he gets his own if he wants it. That is if you are a MN resident. It is a little different for non-residents.

I wouldn't noramlly need two limits at a time but it is good to know come a fish fry bonanzza

Technically kids don't fish "under" anyones' license. They can fish totaly autonomous of you and they fish for free until age 16. Kids can also posess thier own limit of fish and again totally independent of you.

Pikedreams is right. They are their own fishing person. They can do whatever a licensed (over the age of 16) fisherman can do. Use the same amount of rods, keep the same limit, etc. Why do you think on opening day you see a boat with two guys and six kids from 3 to 6? Extra rods and extra limits. It ain't always right, but if they can catch them themselves, I have no problem with it.

I'm taking my two daughters, 3 & 11 out this Saturday. So we could fish with six lines and keep three limits. Don't get me wrong, I'm a meat hunter, but I also do CPR. I have no need for three limits of fish at any time. We will keep a few for a couple of meals and that will be it. That's if they are biting. I don't see me putting a line down, I'll be helping my 3 year old with her line and baiting and takig fish off for both of them.

Correct on the two lines, and limits for children under the age of 16. FUN, FUN, FUN for them. A great time to learn. smile

Same thing with me and my two children(3,7). Most of the time I am not even fishing, but helping them learn the skills that my father taught me. Showing my son,daughter how to hook the minnow, tie knots, holding the fish to remove hook, and all the other little things that go along with it. Love to see the smile on their faces when they hook a big fish. My son has a hard time understanding the importance of CPR, but in do time he will come to realize the importance of it.