• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Perm Shack on Skids...Connected to Trailer

DuckBlind

Thinking about building a perm shack on skids. Now that I have figured out that trailers are way too expensive for me right now. I would like to build a shack on skids with the idea of moving it onto a drop down trailer a few years from now.

Has anybody done this? Is this a good idea? Bad? Also, does anybody have any idea on how to build the floor so the skids are sturdy but easily removable when I put it on an actual trailer?

Thanks.

Wouldn't there be a way to build the floor some how seperate from the skids. Almost build a skid trailer that I could mount the house too if that makes sense. Make it so it can be detached with out tearing it apart so I could then attach it to a trailer when possible?

Hope that makes sense...wondering if anybody has done this. If so, was it worth it or should I just hold off on building all together until I can get a trailer?

my questions would be as follows: Hole placement and will they match up with the drop down frame later on. Also the size of the house matching up with the frame down the road. I dont know how many places change the frame design from yr to yr but might be something to check into. My thoughts, the yr is almost half over or better for perms. save up some money buy a frame at discount (maybe) in a month or two and work on it over the summer and have it ready for next yr. That gives you plenty of time to build on your own budget and eliminate the problems you might have converting it over. Just my thoughts good luck on which ever way you go.

do not build your house into the skids.tha tway if you decide to put it on a trailer or just leave the skids on some time down the line you will have to replace the skids if you leave the skids on.so i would build your house on top of the skids.