• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UPDATE Portable Modification PICS!!!

B-man715

Here is a pic of the new boat seat I put on. I used the same brackets as the stock seat so it can be removed or flipped up. WAY BETTER and only $25 smile

P1070697.jpg

Well I saw a post a couple weeks ago of some awesome mods to a portable, and I became inspired smile

This is on my 8 year old(?) Fish Trap Pro. I got sick of not having a spot to set a waxie container and can of pop (beer smile ). All that I need to add now is a rod holder and I might replace the seat with a boat seat..... The guy that did the mods to that otter sure got my gears going! My Eskimo grand caravan is next!

(took about $50 and 4 hours)

P1070653.jpg

P1070650.jpg

P1070654.jpg

Very Nice. The carpet looks great and that seat looks like it would be warm. I like the setup too.

Im getting the bug to start in on my otter. I have seen so much good stuff on here that I'm feeling like the guy at the race track racing in a geo metro. grin I guess I'm going to have to take a weekend off from fishing and do work.

Glad you guys like it as much as I do!

For weight I would guess it only added about 10-15lbs. (1/4 of a sheet of 3/8 plywood, some indoor/outdoor carpet and some hardware).

As far as the angle, yes it is aluminum. Really nice stuff, and as light as it gets! Bought all materials at the the big Maynardos. (except the cup holder whom I purchased from Wally)

I said the project cost $50, but the I only had to use about $35 worth of the material. I have some left-over plywood and hardware for the next job on my Eskimo.

I can't believe I waited this long to do some improvements!

I put a seat like that in my portable ($20 on ebey shipped to my door) and its night and day difference compared to those plastic seats. I cant wait to get my new sled for my portable so i can start modifying it, seeing those pictures just gets me more excited for it.