Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shane683

Snowmobile Radar Run

12 posts in this topic

The Stateliner's Snowmobile Club will be hosting a Radar Run on Saturday, February 7th, from 10am to 3pm on Rice Lake south of Wells, MN. Trophies for top speeds.

About 10 - 12 years ago a bunch of snowmobilers from the eastern side of Faribault County got together and started the club. We maintain and groom about 60 miles of trail from Frost to the county line. The Blue Earth Snow Rovers is still active and they groom from Frost west. How long ago did you live in Frost?

I grew up their, Moved about 12 years ago. I still know alot of people around there. I know the Steinhauers, Petersons, Johnsons,etc.

I know all them too. My last name is Johnson but not related to Darius. I grew up in Bricelyn. Maybe we know each other.

Thats funny, I know him well. My old man use to own the old school in Frost. He and I do construction for a living. Any relation to Mike or Aron?

Hi Chad. This is Shane. I was guessing it might be you. BTW, the top speed at the radar run was 110. Had a good crowd & lots of runs.

What had the top speed? Is Cat still the fastest sled or is that a has been? Been fishing at all or just riden?

The top speed was by a Thundercat in the Open Mod. class. That thing was loud! Haven't done much riding - been to Lake of the Woods twice fishing.

I can believe the thunder is holding strong. How was the fishing up there? I fish all the time down here at Spirit, Alot of perch with sorting, walleyes have been slim.

Four of us went up on Dec. 15th and we came home 2 short of our limit. I posted some pictures in Walleyes of 2008 (Pg. 40). Six went on the second trip on Jan 10th. Fishing was a little slow - minus 35 for the last two days. I caught a slot fish every day so I can't complain about that.