• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Inexpensive Fishing Shelter Organization

Dave

Question

Most of us have read the discussions pertaining to modifying a portable fishing shelter tub with plywood constructed compartments for heaters, bait buckets, rods/tackle, power outlets, etc.,etc. Some say adding such compartments add a lot of weight. That's fine for some but, others like and have ways to organize a fishing shelter with little weight added, less expensive and easier to install.

I'd like to hear some discussion on simple, easy to install ways to make your fishing shelter more comfy and organized.

Having four Nature Vision MultiFlex rod holders and two MultiFlex rattle reels for my Canvas Craft Double-Flip shelter, I wanted a safer place and easy access to store these items so, I picked up an inexpensive sturdy plastic basket and mounted it to the rear of the Otter tub; which leaves room under the basket for the shelter poles and other larger gear, too.

I used bolts, nuts and two inch fender washers to secure the $5 basket to the Otter tub. The basket's large enough to hold a lot of small gear and is within easy reach. And, it doesn't add weight to the shelter.

bindz3.jpg

While walking through the Big M store, I found some large S-Hooks ($1 each) that work great for hanging lanterns, rod bags and coats more easily and out of the way while fishing.

hook2om3.jpg

hook1wn5.jpg

If your shelter doesn't already have a storage pouch or two from the manufacturer, consider having a canvas shop add some. They work great for keeping small items safer and within easy reach.

storage1vd0.jpg

What good inexpensive ways do you organize your fishing shelter to make it more comfy and keep gear safe?

5 answers to this question

One thing that I got for my Otter last year was the Outdoorsman Caddy. This thing is awesome! Holds all my fishing tackle, radios, tools, towels, bait, pop and munchies. Only thing I cant get in it is my Marcum.

Ill try to get some pics up.

I also have some hooks that I hang my jacket, lantern, hat/gloves.

For everything else I use heavy plastic milk crates. Thats what I put the Marcum in, heater and 11# tank or 20#er on long trips.

Im not into the mods yet. I didnt like the added weight but now that I have a snowmobile Ill be checking into some light aluminum mods.