• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Cell Phone Hook-Set

MurkyWaters

early in october i had the ultimate. i was walking the woods for some ruffies, then the phone rang(dont bring it usually). it was my mom. i said hunting was poor and have only seen 1 bird. just as that sentence left my mouth their sits a grouse on a log. he sees me at the sametime. I tell my mom "HOLD ON!" the grouse flushes i throw the phone and knock it down on a quartering behind me shot! whistle

now my mom says she will be calling me all the time when i go birding wink

Seriously there was a tip in the paper today that said if you pulled the battery and sim card and then put a phone in rice for 3 days to dry out it may still work. I think the key is getting the battery out so nothing shorts out.

I once inadvertantly decided (now that's and Oxymoron if I've ever seen one) that my cell phone needed a good waching. Proceeded to throw my pants in the Maytag with a bunch of other clothes and started her up. After the wash cycle was finished everything needed to be dried so into the Clothes dryer everything went. Seemed a little loud, but I had a couple baseball caps in there so I though it was just the bills hitting the side of the dryer.

Well, next morning I put my pants on and felt a lump in my pocket, no one there to be happy to see, so I reallized it was my cell phone!!! Looked nice and clean, but the display was all messed up. Pulled it apart and let the insides dry out. I could srill call people, but sometime lost connection. Display was shot though.

Seriously there was a tip in the paper today that said if you pulled the battery and sim card and then put a phone in rice for 3 days to dry out it may still work. I think the key is getting the battery out so nothing shorts out.

I've done that, minus the rice, and it works. Pulling the battery is key to that. I've had some that lasted a year after that and one that lasted two more days. So it's hit or miss.

I'm thinking that the Beer Hook-Set is the more likely scenario for me. I find that I switch the rod into my left hand, grab my beer with the right, and then I get a bite. Since I'm a barbless guy, I need to keep the tension on and I've lost a few trying to ditch the beer and get the pole back into my right hand so that I can reel in.

There's got to almost be a hole in my portable roof where I keep hitting the canvas with the tip of my pole, trying to keep the tension on!

I set the hook on my 30" walleye this ice season while talking to the wife......I told her gotta let ya go and fought that thing for a couple minutes......she always calls me when I am fishing and she brings me good luck cause I seem to catch fish when I am on the phone with her.....plus next time she calls and I want to end the conversation I can just tell her "I got a bite gotta let you go" and she won't care!!

Sad to say it, but I have gotten way too good at talking with the phone wedged between shoulder and ear.

At work the other day I was on a ladder attaching something to the wall while talking to a vendor the whole time...

While fishing yeaterday and catching lots of fish I recieved a text from a friends that was a picture of the hole and his rod tip titled "nottin"! So I dumped out my bucket on the ice, placed a big crappie on top of the pile, took a picture and sent it to him. About a minute later he wrote me back an explicit text. So I called him and proceded to catch 5 gills and a crappie right in a row while giveing him play by play... cool