• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Young for Jerrad Washburn?

DonBo

He does have pretty good stuff. Could they be thinking he can hold his own for an inning? Maybe like the eighth? The Twins have been known to take guys with good stuff and find a spot they can be effective in, like Reyes.

He does have pretty good stuff. Could they be thinking he can hold his own for an inning? Maybe like the eighth? The Twins have been known to take guys with good stuff and find a spot they can be effective in, like Reyes.

We already have a guy like this, with really good stuff, his name is "BOOF"!

The Twins are nutz if they make this trade!

Garza and Bartlett for Washburn. Would you make that trade? That is basically what the Twins are planning. I really don't know what their fascination with trading Delmon is. They are patient with braindead Gomez who has no clue at the plate, yet they are ready to dump Delmon who had on "ok" year at the plate. They are the same age.

This is setting up to be the next David Ortiz move. Don't trade Delmon please. He will be a stud yet, give him at least another year. Washburn could be had for a no-name A ball player, but B S just HAS to get rid of Delmon. Don't do it fools!

Say it ain't so. Getting rid of a right handed batter with at least some possible power potential sounds like one of the worst things they could do right now, especially for a pitcher who may not be any better than the ones we already have. Don't like that they've done basically nothing for pickups in the offseason but dislike this idea even more.

They are probably giving the Twins the same scouting report we gave them on Silva. grin

I don't put much credence into this rumor. It's just against everything the Twins do. If you are willing to take Washburns contract then trade for Beltre and negotiate a new deal with him.

Unless Young is a lot worse character then we know about there is no reason to dump his low salary unless we are getting something cheap and decent in return.

This rumor makes no sense. cry

Cicada --

Hate to disagree with you again, but Washburn is NOT good and this would be a horrible deal for the Twins. i can't believe they would even consider this.

Horrible.

I do NOT like Young, but I will not give him away for nothing.

Not very smart.

Good news from the Star Trib HSOforum --

"OK everyone, time for a deep breath.

I did some checking today, and the Twins have lost their appetite for a Jarrod Washburn trade."

we just about got hit in the ... there -- we need a lot more for young than that.

this fake deal was only reported by seattles version of charley walters. it was never going to happen.

the deal was young for washburn and Jeff Clement. clement being the main piece. but with mauer playing and our number 2 prospect being a catcher (wilson ramos) this was not happening.

washburn has nothing left

thank goodness this was a walters like rumor

GET RID OF YOUNG!!!! He is a horrible fielder, has no arm what so ever and hasn't really done anything at the plate. Teams should put the Big Papi shift on for him but opposite field. The guy does have power when he turns on a pitch, but how often does that happen? He needs to go, but trading for another pitcher without the possibility of getting something better within the trade would be stupid. They need a 3rd baseman with power!! Or at least a 40 HR bat in the lineup. This will only make Mauer and Morneau better as they will see better pitches to hit.

? i dont care for the routes he takes to balls, but he is a right fielder that played in left for the first time last year, in the most difficult stadium to be an outfielder

also Young has a cannon for an arm so i don't know where the no arm whatsoever is coming from.

and finally, only 2 players in MLB hit 40 homers last year. its not that easy.

GET RID OF YOUNG!!!! He is a horrible fielder, has no arm what so ever and hasn't really done anything at the plate. Teams should put the Big Papi shift on for him but opposite field. The guy does have power when he turns on a pitch, but how often does that happen? He needs to go, but trading for another pitcher without the possibility of getting something better within the trade would be stupid. They need a 3rd baseman with power!! Or at least a 40 HR bat in the lineup. This will only make Mauer and Morneau better as they will see better pitches to hit.

Is this a joke? Young has an absolute cannon for an arm, and he had a decent year at the plate. What do you expect from a 22 year old???

Yeah, he took some odd routes to fly-balls last year, but that was his first year ever playing left field in the toughest stadium to play that position (with the lights pointing directly into his eyes).

Give the kid a chance. I thought he had a good year last year, and the dude was only 22. Let him blossom into an all-star. I'm positive he will.

Sorry guys, just irked me that the Twins would even think this. Thankfully Joe C. squashed it in his latest blog.

Lakedoctor, no arm? He has always had a plus arm, he is one step under Cuddy and Cuddy has the best arm in the major leagues.

Also, did nothing at the plate? Did you not watch any of the games last year? .290/.336/.405. His slugging percentage was the only one of those things that were not impressive. In the second half of the year he hit much better.

Also on baseball reference through age 22 he compares as a hitter to these guys:

Carl Yastrzemski (961)

Rocco Baldelli (959)

Del Ennis (952)

Whitey Lockman (950)

Carl Crawford (949)

Roberto Clemente (946) *

Clint Hurdle (946)

Jose Guillen (944)

Buttercup Dickerson (944)

Carlos May (940

Recognize any of those names? I would say he is on his way to being very productive at the plate and he is still very Young. In my eyes, he is an untouchable in any trade unless it were an absolute rape-job in the Twins favor.

Also, third baseman that can field with pop and 40hr guys don't just grow on trees. Once teams get them, they keep them and there isn't any trade that will happen unless that team needs to shed salary or is rebuilding.

dye? he had the 22nd best right field arm in baseball last year.

in 2007 cuddy had the best right field arm, at least statistically. had i not looked at the hardball times article i would have picked ichiro and vlad.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/best-outfield-arms-of-2008/