• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lifetime licsence question

setterguy

i believe he would have to buy the lifetime small game, and if he deer hunted the lifetime firearms or archery deer license. I think if you already possess them, and then move out of state you can still come back and hunt/fish without having to pony up for the out-of-state license fees.

Yes he can buy a lifetime license now and hunt MN. after he moves. One of my hunting partners did that before he moved to SD. You have to prove your a MN resident at the time of purchase. Each year he will have to pick up a MN license for that season, but it's been prepaid.

I bought a lifetime fishing license before I moved to WI (now I've moved back), but while I was a WI resident I didn't have to pay anything. And you don't have to show an ID. They gave me a hard plastic card that I could present or I just always gave them my license from last year (with the DNR number) and it would just come up as lifetime with no charge.

BG is correct.

Since i just moved to Fargo, I just got my lifetime sportsman, archery and rifle this past week.

Just send them the check and they mail out a credit card type deal that you present to the dealer when you pick up your license/buy your stamps.

I don't know about whether you can buy it and move out of state and still use it, but I've had a lifetime sportsmen's license for about 5 years. You have to go and get the free HIP certification every year and buy and stamps you need. I haven't tried but you may even be able to do it on line.

It is slick and really makes for a hassle free time and no worries about 'now when does the fishing license expire?'

we had a situation close to that with Adam Vinetari (the place kicker for the Colts) a few years ago. He owned a home with his parents here in Rapid City. However, being that his place of employment and domicle was out of state, he was denied applying for a South Dakota resident elk license. I guess a guy should read the laws/rules on that or talk with the authority. but, the rule here reads, "However, a person who has lawfully acquired a resident hunting, fishing, trapping license and who leaves the state after acquiring the license to take up residency elsewhere MAY continue to excercise all the priviledges granted by the license until it expires if the person's respective priviledges are not revoked or suspended". But, we don't have a lifetime license. Another provision we have is if a land owner leases out his property and lives in another state he CAN NOT buy a resident license. I guess some of these rules are sticky.

So how about this scenario. In MN as a resident you can hunt bobcats with a normal small game license. If you are a non-resident you need a small game license AND a furbearers permit. So if I bought a lifetime small game license, and then moved out of state would I be able to still hunt bobcats on my small game license or would I have to buy furbearers permit to go with it.

I would lean towards not needing a furbearer permit, only because your small game license would say "Resident Lifetime". You dont have to prove to a officer that where you live at that point (in the field). But thats just my guess, best would be to ask the DNR.

So how about this scenario. In MN as a resident you can hunt bobcats with a normal small game license. If you are a non-resident you need a small game license AND a furbearers permit. So if I bought a lifetime small game license, and then moved out of state would I be able to still hunt bobcats on my small game license or would I have to buy furbearers permit to go with it.
I emailed the DNR and asked the question the answer was as long as a lifetime license was purchased as Mn resident it is valid no matter where you move.

Also, for any of you with young kids, I think the cutoff date before the licenses go up in price is before the kids turns 5. I just missed on my Grandson, so now can wait until he is about 15 before deciding to get one for him. I wish I would have gotten mine long ago, but still will, maybe if any stimulus $$ comes our way wink

Box, you can't possibly have grandkids yet, can you??

Hehe, yep, 5, with oldest being 11. Technically, they are step-Grandkids, but Grandkids just the same smile My wife is 10 years older than me... that cougar wink

Paul,

Lifetime license prices vary. I bought my sportsmans, archery and rifle licenses and I paid around $1750 for the three. I am moving to ND here soon so that's why I did this.

By doing this before I move to ND, the licenses will be paid for in just over 4 yrs. If i were to stay a MN resident, they would pay for themselves in just over 20 yrs. (at current prices)

As for the Bobcat question, I would think you're going to have to buy everything a non-resident has to buy.

just out of curiosity, how much is that lifetime license?

The cost varies depending on your age. You have to do a little figuring to determine if it's likely to pay for itself in your hunting lifetime and then you have to factor in possible license increases you would incure if you just bought a non-resident license.