• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Super Bowl Question....last play...pass or fumble?

Hammer Handle

No doubt, with under two minutes left in the game, it should have been reviewed. Just think what would have happen if someone from the Cardnials picked it up and ran it in for a TD.

You know Pittsburg would have challenged it saying it was a pass.

It should have been reviewed by the refs on the field just to give wondering fans piece of mind. I didn't like how it ended so quickly...It was the last play of the SUPER BOWL. I understand the booth upstairs will look at the same thing as the refs on the field, so their decision was probably right. But the end seemed hurried and left me wondering what could have been.

Also Refs should have called the ball/prop penalty for 15 yards on the kickoff. couldve been a different game...

I was watchin the game and with the DVR I backed up and looked at it several times. I really think his arm was coming forward. With the defender coming in on Warner I didn't see any other way the ball could have gone that far forward if something wasn't propelling it.

If you see the replay again you can see Warner's gloved hand pushing the ball forward around the arm of defender.

Most definite...pass. That is why the ball went FORWARD. If it had been a fumble and the rusher got to him before the arm started going forward then the ball would have squibbed around near his feet. It clearly went 4 or 5 yards forward in the air. That tells me it was a pass. Could not believe that the booth did not slow things down quicker and Pitt was all over the quick snap! Too bad, I would have loved to see a jump ball in the end zone one last time.

Just by the mix of responses here it seems it could have gone either way. I thought it was too close to call and should have definately been reviewed upstairs. I was amazed that they didn't take their time with this one and look at it closer. If I had to pick one way or another, I would say it looked like his arm was going forward and it should have been an incomplete pass. Cardinals should have had one more play to give Fitz a chance in the endzone.

Faster,

Asking the same question that somebody else asked. If that was a fumble and went forward 4 yards and was caught by a reciever would it have been a catch? If it had been a catch then by rule it can not be a fumble. I think you may want to rethink your logic on this one.

The defender hit Warner before his arm came forward and the ball came loose. The defender than deflected the ball forward at the same rate as Warner’s arm making it appear as he pushed the ball forward. Not the case.

It was close, but the correct call was a fumble.

My opinion

Did anyone else think they blew the play dead as soon as the ball came out? I swore I heard a whistle right after the ball hit the groud, this thought was furthered by the fact that the AZ O-line did not react to the ball at all?

I thought it looked like a pass but being as it was called a fumble it would be hard to reverse, but it deffinatly should have been looked at more.