Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paceman

Squeaky Ford

7 posts in this topic

2001 ford expedition. 80,000 miles. During the last week or so a loud squeak squeaky grind sound has developed whenever I drive over rough ground. It sounds like it is coming from the front. I can stand and push on the truck and hear it as well. Not being much of a mechanic I think it might be shocks?

My first thought is a noisy sway-bar link(s) or sway bar bushing. Best way to pinpoint (be careful) is to get on the ground and try to see where the noise is coming from when someone is pushing on truck's front end. It could be another front end part also, but the above two items I would say are the most common.

or one of the lower ball joints, upper ball joints, tie rod ends (tie rod ends usually make the noise when turning)! If they have never been replaced it would be worth having them inspected.

Airjer has you on the right track, lay on the ground and having someone bounce on the front bumper should duplicate the noise. It can be anything from a sway bar link, to tierod ends, idler arm, pitmen arm, or ball joints.

As usual you guys were right on the money. Took it to my local mechanic whom I know and trust. The noise is coming from my upper ball joint on the drivers side. Looks like they are all showing wear so I am going to replace all 4 in the front.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I'm down about 35 pounds (315 to 280) in 2 months. I've been doing the Keto ultra low carb diet with a goal of less than 20 grams a day and it has been working well so far. My goal is 225 so I still have a ways to go. 
    • So, losing pressure when off at night and at low speed fishing. Small leaks like Rebel said sounds about right. If it is running fine when at higher rpm's then the fuel pump, fuel flow and carb are keeping up the pressure needed then. The pressure is slowing leaking out some where which has to be a small leak at the diaphragm, fuel line connectors, or fuel pump seals. Good luck.
    • Parity, lots of parity in this league, that is a good thing but it sure makes it tough to win. Cullen has two cups already including last year so I'd be fine with the Sens or Nashville taking the whole thing. 
    • Pinhole or small tear in diaphragm.
    • Looking for ideas of what to check next.  I have a 1991 75hp Mariner outboard and I am losing pressure on my fuel line.  I have to pump the bulb first time out in the morning and then again if I fish in one spot for a while.  If I do not it will bog down on me and may or may not kill.  If I pump the bulb too much while I am bogging down I will partially flood the motor and kill it.  I then have to turn the key for several 15 second bursts or more to start the motor.   I have replace the bulb fuel line twice to make sure I didn't get a bad one the first time.  I also replaced the fuel line from my built in gas tank to where it goes to connect with the bulb gas line.   Does this sound like the fuel pump?  I want to eliminate any cheap fixes that I can before replacing the fuel pump.  I blew a cylinder a few years ago and I assume the carbs were all redone at that time by my guy.   I owned it for the past 20 years and I have only used non oxy fuel.   Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for any help.
    • Preds make it to the finals.  I thought someone said they were the last team in and technically the 16 seed.   Who ever they face in the finals it will be a battle, hope the Sens make it.  But would be nice to see Cullen get a cup.
    • My hunt in WI this past weekend was tough as well.  I found tons of ramps, they grow everywhere in the area we hunted, but zero morels.  I saw a few pheasant backs, but did not pick them as they did not interest me.  
    • I finally just said screw it, so I picked a couple of guys that I thought would do good (Christie, and Rojas) and some over looked guys that have had a little success this year, and were from the area.  Would never had expected Alton Jones Jr, to go from 80 something place on day 1 to the top 12.  Glad he was on my team though
    • Added these for the fry pan to go with some turkey also.  
    • If you haven't planted your tomatoes yet......plant them laying down on their side. Pick off all the branches up to the top.Lay the plant in a trench and cover the stem up to the top. Put a soil pillow under the top. Just be careful not to break the stem (I have). Tomatoes are the only plant that will send out roots from the buried stem. You will wind up with a large root ball to feed the plant. This also puts the roots closer to the surface where the soil is warmer instead of deep where it is cool.
  • Our Sponsors