• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

spear house heaters

BehindtheHead

im just curious what kind of heaters use in there spear houses

i have a small milkhouse heater about 6"x12"x12" works great, i started the year with less than a half a 20 lb tank of propane and it will last me the rest of the year.

in the portable i use a sunflower heater works good but it is bright and noisy.

what does everyone else use??????

I use the Mr Heater/cooker, its noisy at first but mine quiets down, and I face it in the opposite direction of me so it warms up the portable and I dont have glare or the thing reflecting in the water at all.

I use a pearson fish house heater in my perm. It was a Christmas present almost 20 years ago, I realy like that heater. It also can run a long time on a 20 pound tank.

When I take the pop-up house, I use a one pounder with a screw on heater. It works ok, but I would like to get a buddy heater.

I also have the Pearson's and boy does that baby throw out the BTU's. Lots of times, on warmer days, I have to shut it off because it gets just too darn warm. Some of the other houses I spear out of have wall mount, infra-red heaters. These are really nice because they have a pilot that you can leave on, or a thermostat, so the house doesn't get so cold when you're not using it. Amazing how much difference just a pilot light makes in a well-insulated, tight house when it comes to chipping out the hole the next time you use it.

I use the Mr Heater/cooker, its noisy at first but mine quiets down, and I face it in the opposite direction of me so it warms up the portable and I dont have glare or the thing reflecting in the water at all.

Is that the one from cabelas?

in my one perm I haave a milk house heater and it work great and hardly seems to use any propane and in my other shack I use a buddy heater works great used to use a sunflower type but it was way to hot and noisey

mine is a propane stove burner in a tin box with a 3" chimney. rigged it up to put a thermo couple from a MR. heater on it so if the flame goes out it shuts off the gas. still working on the spark ignition and pilot

ahh, no, im still working on putting a pilot and spark ignition on it. not sure how old it is. i took an old heater that had a rusted out burner and put the stove burner in it. amazing what u can find at a scrape/junk yard.

you've already seen it and didnt know it. first picture right hand, side burner is just inside the door. the thermal couple broke on me the last time i used it, otherwise it worked great, and had to rivet a couple baffels in the top of the tin box so the heat didnt just run right up the chimney.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1691675/1/lets_see_your_setup

I use a Tall slender 10lb Tank with a Coleman Cook top that you can purchase for a 1 lb tank. I then bought the adapter to alow me to hook it up to the large tank. It is able to sit in the corner of my 4X6 very nicely and the canvas will not get to hot. Plus it works great for boiling some brats while I sit there all day!!!

I use the mr heater/cooker 8000-14000 btus. If the sun is out it gets way to hot in my canvas craft 5x8. Just bought a coleman sport cat that runs 1500 btus, will try it out this weekend at GTG. Sounds like it is going to be a really nice day.