• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what is a good used vehicle to get

i want something 2000 or newer i want 4x4 but i dont know what to get i will use it to pull boats and snowmobile and atvs but need to get into the deer shack on a rutted road and i dont want horrible gas mileage what would be a good vehicle for me but i dont want to spend more than 13000

Yeah, I find it funny that they claim 20-21 mpg. Until you own one and drive it you'll realize it was just an advertisement.Your setting yourself up for dissapointment if you think your gonna get 20 mpg with a 4WD full size pickup.

Yeah, I find it funny that they claim 20-21 mpg. Until you own one and drive it you'll realize it was just an advertisement.Your setting yourself up for dissapointment if you think your gonna get 20 mpg with a 4WD full size pickup.

I have a 06 full sized extended cab Chev with a small V8. On the hwy I do get 21 mph if I drive without my foot in the gas.

Has anyone tried those car finders? Being a NRA life, got stuff from them pitching that when you want your next vechicle, get them the info, they search get back to you with options and prices, etc etc. I've never used it and am not trying to endorse this particular one as there are other similar companies out there too. My cousin did do one of them through his bank a couple years ago and was satisfied. I think his search criteria was same as yours.

Pickup prices have dropped bigtime for newer-used. You should be able to find a nice range of good trucks in the $11,000-$13,000 range.

I traded my 2000 Silverado off last year for a new impala to drive everyday for the gas mileage and then picked up a '97 chev for cheap to use hunting/fishing, back when gas was $4 a gallon. I get 20 in the summertime with the pickup and that has a 350 in it.