Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
fish4walleye

Lowrance fish lo-k-tor?

Does anybody know if I could use the old lowrance green box flasher model P-300-E for ice fishing,,I picked it up at a garage sale for $5, it takes 2 6v latern batteries,& it does work ,,but wondering if I can rig transducer to something & use it on the ice,Thanks,,Flagup,,Tightlines,,Mark

You bet you can use it. I found one just like it, also for $5 at a garage sale. In fact, the greenbox, which was made from 1959 to the early or mid 80s, is fetching some good money, I've heard, at auction. But that's for the first few years' models, I'm told.

My transducer came strapped to a round aluminum pipe with clamps on it, to allow you to fasten it to a boat transom.

Maybe somebody else has a better idea, but it occurs to me off the top of my head you could attach the ducer to a metal pipe, slide the pipe through a hole drilled in a piece of 2X4 at least a foot long, probably a bit longer. Then you can slide the pipe up and down through the hole to adjust so the ducer is just below the bottom of the ice. You could anchor the pipe at whatever depth you want by drilling a screw into the side of the board and into the hole. When you've got the pipe set to the right depth, tighten the screw.

Like I say, I bet other guys who've done it themselves have better ways, but that'd be one simple way, although it would be a bit cumbersome.

Also, while the greebox will mark bottom and indicate hard or soft bottom, you also probably know it won't be as sensitive as a Vexilar or Zercom.

Good luck and have fun.

------------------
Steve Foss
Superior, Wis.
stfcatfish@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 11-10-2002).]