• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hurleyville Derby - Feb 14th

Kevin Riley invited us down to fish this derby. I know long haul for you guys but it's something to do on a Saturday. Kevin and I believe Steve Greving will be there as well. Kevin - MarCum/Nature Vision is sending something for the event according to Jon. Talked with him today..

Here's a link from last years event...

http://www.thefishyspot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768

This years event flyer.

hurleyvillesx5.jpg

I am definitely sticking around for the fish fry after...

I know it's a 3+ hour drive to Hurleyville, NY but what a good time it was at the derby, 150 entrants fished for hardware and prizes. Kevin and I got there relatively early and got set up on the ice by 5:40 a.m. and the action was pretty good early with big slob crappies like this one by Kevin... laugh

1001396ec3.jpg

and sunfish like this hog whistle

1001397mb8.jpg

Jack (carharts)the announcer is one great guy he's been mc'ing these for 20 years and he makes it fun for everyone and you will definitely leave laughing.

1001398ay1.jpg

1001399lc5.jpg

The youth division really shines in this tournament... Great jobs by the Dads passing down this great for the future generation you were in fine form today as you kids received awards, well done..

1001400gw8.jpg

The fire deparment companies battling it out for the coveted first place trophy, Way to go Mark and the guys, you got out there early and got it done, nice meeting you.

1001401aa8.jpg

For a $5 entry you compete in a derby, have a chance if you like for the 50/50 which was $334 plus an iopportunity to win goa gourmet stainless gas grill, gps , turkey blind,Turkey deep fryer,, augers, leatherman' knives, bait buckets, spons crankbaits, etc, etc...

You also get to fish with a great buddy of mine Kevin Riley, yeah the fishing was slow but the best part of the trip was ahead so as we picked through an dcaught small fish all day and Kevin on;ly had one flag on his tip-ups and it took his minnow. The pot of gold was at the end of the rainbow after all the awards were given, we drove 3 miles and were treated to a feast fit for hungry fisherman. of course I had two helpings. great time Kevin...

1001402ni0.jpg

Fish cakes that were absolutely delicious, baked beans, pierogi's, pulled barbeque pork and a few other dishes as well. Looking forward to next year and hopefully it will not be on Valentines day because I will be at the Turret, I know you guys are having a blast...