• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Walleye

Was flipping through some old pictures from before I got a digital camera and found this one of my biggest eye. Date on back says 2003, begining of december.

30 inches and 12 pounds on the Niagara River. The fish hit a 3/4oz jig with a white tube tipped with a big minnow. On a current edge on a deep break...

scan0002tl9.jpg

Hey D C, nice one.

How ya been doing? We should be starting fishing Erie this coming weekend... Perch-O-Plenty, we killed them out there in the fall !!

Liteline went out and bought a 18' brand new Lund this year, he's in his glory !! I looked at one at the boat show this weekend, but the $36,000's (+tax) was in my other wallet !!

Besides that, I had to buy a new John Deere tractor for $15,000 last week, because my old one bit the dust.

Hi Tim,

How ya doing, I seen below that your layed up? Hope your OK.

I'm really looking forward to getting out on Erie. Limits of perch were pretty easy since September, and the sizes were very good. A friend and I were looking to coming to Oneida, but don't know of any places to stay. We use to stay at Apps (that's where we were when I seen you last) but I don't know if that place is still for rent. Do you know of any good places to stay where your gear in your truck (atv's etc.) would be secure at night?

Bill - Yep had arthoscopic on the knee.. Arthritis from softball/umpiring was cleaned up, it's getting better everyday.

Tank/Jay has a contact for Rick at Apps he should know of some accomadations for you guys.

It's been too long Bill since we fished let me know when your coming up and I'll take a day if it's during the week...

wow what a beuty, dont know you but I go fishing at lake erie at least 70 times per year, mostly by myself, if you ever want company or want to go with me let me know, was thinking of coming out this weekend, go out of cranberry creek to catawba islands, kellys island get big walleyes and perch through the ice, last year we caught a hundred fish in a day it is fun to catch and release them rascals, would like to come out to oneida, let me know, Im not afraid to travel.

B3B: There is a couples places on the east end of the lake. Oneida Lake Inn and Cinderellas has rooms too. Contact numbers available if you want to make the trip. Pretty secure here in the winter but if in question I'm just a couple blocks off the lake.Plenty of parking here with lake access also.Timmy has my contact number if u need it.

Thunder - the walleyes out there were all that white/silver color that we got in december. But both trips the river had been real murky and was clearing up when we got there. The eyes we got in the summer trips were much more of a gold color. Like these...

scan0003xk0.jpg

It's funny how walleyes look differnt from diff boddies of water.

Our Susky eyes are typically pale/whiteish like this...

scan0004yn0.jpg

Most of the fish up in Canada have real dark backs with deep gold sides...

053xd4.jpg

Onieda fish tend to be kind of bland and vary alot from the weed fish to the deep fish...

29re1zr9.jpg

The prettiest fish by far for me are from the Delly...

deleyeyx6.jpg

045mh7.jpg

B3b - I figured a pict of a Niagara fish would bring you out and about, lol. I also was thinking that these cold temps would have you out on Erie. I do believe Rick is up and running on Onieda this winter. When we saw him this fallup the Salmon river he was planning on it. I have his contact info, talk to ya soon...

Charlie - I have never been on Erie. B3b is from out that way and fishes it alot! One of these years(this summer) im gonna get out there. As far as Onieda - lots of guys on this board that fish it alot and we'll get you set up. We all like the adventure of travel and trying a new spot but your probably leaving better fishing out there, lol cool

north shore,

I really appreciate the offer, I'll be talking to my buddys this week to see when they want to make a trip there. Right now their hitting Sodus Bay pretty good, I'll either be going there, or hitting Erie this weekend. I have a friend that lives right on the shore of Erie, and though it's frozen now, the ice shoves from all the windy weather we've had are going to make it tough to get out there.

I found the phone #'s here... http://www.sylvanbeach.org/lodging.html

DC,

I haven't talked to Rick in ages! I would like get his # when we talk. I hated to, but I had to cancel out on the trip to Oak Island on LOW in Minnesota this March. I spent $15,000 on the new tractor, so my pockets are empty right now !!

350772620.jpg

I'd like to make a couple trips to Oneida though, it's a little closer than a 3400 mile 'round trip !

D/C sent you pics of auger boy and yourself of big eyes on the Niagra you can post here....awesome fish. B3B and my self went fishing around the "cross area" and got skunked in the rain. It was to windy to get out on the bar. I could of got some dental work done with bill driving around those whirlpool areas with the logs popping out in the air 10 feet.

B3B...You need to sell that J/D so you can head up to the angle with us.... get pearl a shovel....hows her ankle?

WallEYES,

I got the muskie Pic, are you sure it's a 56"er, or is your buddy only 24" tall grin

353111508.jpg

Well you can tell the snow has stopped here for a while, the deer started moving again...

353111513.jpg

Gissert,

Can you get out on your lake now, or is the snow still to deep??

Billy 3 Buckets - That is one heck of a snow remover you got there. Did you take that picture of the deer or is it a "photoshop" special? I guess the Niagara had been fishing steelies real good since Erie froze and the water in the river cleared. My friends Paul and Wang are doing a trip on monday with John D.

WallEYES - Didnt get an e-mail here. Did you send it to my yahoo account?

That's just a pic I got in an e-mail.

Went to Sodus yesterday, caught a lot of fish, but many dinks 38 fow.

There was lots of slush on the ice.

Ya, the river should be clear, but Monday might be a bit snowy, we may get a storm on Mon, and Tues. It depends on how far North the storm goes.

No, wait... I just looked, and they changed it to Tues, and Wed !!