• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy auger carb parts

Surface Tension

Question

Looking for a source for a carb kit for an older Jiffy auger. It has the Tillotson HU carb, and doesn't start or stay running very well. Figured I'd throw a new plug and carb kit in it and see what happens...but I can't seem to fins a place that has a carb kit! Any info is appreciated!

7 answers to this question

Looking for a source for a carb kit for an older Jiffy auger. It has the Tillotson HU carb, and doesn't start or stay running very well. Figured I'd throw a new plug and carb kit in it and see what happens...but I can't seem to fins a place that has a carb kit! Any info is appreciated!

I am a do-it-myself guy all the way, however, sometimes i give in and let an expert do the work. I was a little leary as to the cost, but was very reasonable, and everything was looked over and replaced if questionable. Just a couple pulls and it starts and runs perfect. I have watched many a guys tug on augers until their arms fell off. Its not worth the chance to me, i would rather be fishin than pullin on the jiffy.

Went to D Rock on Saturday. I hit the Jiffy home page and found the link for service centers. Thanks to everyone that replied!

(by the way, the auger starts like a dream...but won't stay running. I'll futz with the jet screws tonight)

LundExplorer - I started futzing with the main and idle screws. The good news: Starts and runs like a dream
The bad news: Oil/Gas mix running out of the muffler accompanied by a real funny popping noise. Looks like I scored the cylinder wall or lost a ring. I got 8 or so years out of her, so I guess I can't dam too loudly!

I wouldnt be to sure. Theres and idle speed, low speed adjustment and a high a speed adjustment. Gas runnin out the muffler means your high speed is adjustment is to rich.
Is the pop coming from the muffler or the carb? With all the built up gas you could have fouled a plug which will make it pop or have deposits on the plug makeing it fire on the intake stroke. Plus all the extra gas built up in the crank will make it pop. Are you using the correct plug?
Did you rebiuld this carb and did you set the fuel level correctly?