• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake,MI NAIFC Qualifier

Here's to wishing them the best of luck! Some are saying it is a tough bite while others are doing very well. It will be interesting come weigh in time!

What have you heard USMC?

I talked to Maki a few times...he's staying down the hall from us.

Any info you can give me would be great...call me bro!

If you need my number...Timmy has it or I can give it to you through [email protected]

Thank you a bunch USMC...I miss you, Kyle, Bud Tyler and Sammy like last year...Chris and I are doing alright, but the Callies are very elusive...they have hit their mid winter pattern and are holdig over deep water and this lake is BIG in relative terms. Lots of big potholes and lots of dead weeds. I got down and dirty and scoured the local scene and found a guy, who's father in law guides Bass on the lake...I will be meeting up with him later tonight to pump him for info. He seems willing to give up what he has. He is giving me a better map than Knutson's and he is going to highlight some areas. It will cost me about $50 for the info. He doesn't want anything, but I am going to get him a gift card to Wallyworld or something. He doesn't drink...so a case of beer won't do it.

I'll keep you posted!!

Conditions are fine...some bad slush spots, but avoidable. The Quads are getting burried right and left...but my Cat is blowing right past the stuck Quads cry NAIFC...every team for themselves, unless it's a NY Team grin

The ice is 2 feet in average with Pickups all over the ice crazy

Franky...I need your number please...I filter my calls if I don't know the #...and yours from last year gets me nowhere. You want to talk about my Spanish Answering Maid...yours is in the worst Pig Latin I have ever heard laugh

Aw - more memories of Michigan are comming back to me confused

The area is called the "irish hills" but its flat as USMC Steves flat top was when he had hair shocked

And Jerry's pub Cabbage Soup combined with the fact that the vent fan didnt work in our bathroom at the hotel sick

Call me later, i'll be up...

Devils Lake,MI...sucks Monkey Dreadlox! If I stood on this lake half naked...foot in a pal of water...wet hair...my pennnnnis in a block of ice...hangoger, and just got done giving blood.........................................................................................................................I'd have better luck catcing a cold than fish!!!!

We still can't find FISH...Timmy, you should be lucky you have Delta in your back yard madmadmadmadmadmad

WE NEED HELP???????????????????????????????

Otis - Last night on the phone AW and I picked apart the lake map and his answer to everywhere that looked "fishy" to me was "already checked there".

He's been avoiding the areas that are getting pounded.

Him and Chris have a good plan for today... cool

We found our 'gills right off the bat and then headed to our Crappie spot...We got into them good and could only ice 5 Callies. We were one of only a few teams that found Callies. Myron and Joe were on the same spot as we were. Myron Iced a Slob around 14-15inches. They had a few problems with their bucket and ended up getting DQ'd. What a shame...they had some Piggys in the bucket. Easily a top 3 bucket. Chris and i split right after fishing so we didn't go to the weigh in, which was automatic DQ...at least that was what Maki said when he called my around Cleveland. If I had known of the other DQ we probably would have stuck around. I don't know what we placed yet or if we even did due to our DQ.

Oh well...Chris and I had some fun and that lake was TOUGH!!!

Looking back, we did well if we were only a few teams out of 138 that found Crappie.

AW . . .welcome to DQ land . . .we have a club started in CNY!! At least you showed those guys some competition! I don't see a long life for NAIFC when they come up with bogus rules that end up DQing the competition after the fact.

I just received an email from Tom Knutson(head of the Midwest Open) and we were disqualified along with 25 other teams for not apearing for weigh in. I did not state in the rules anything about mandatory attendance for weigh in. Oh well...I hate Michigan and Michigan hates me.lol

Vermont will be a better scene...a lot of fellow NY'ers will be there to share the ice on a search and destroy mission.

I don’t know how you guy’s do these tournaments. They sound just as bad as the bass clubs we used to belong to back in the ‘80s. I just don’t have the attitude to deal with the [PoorWordUsage]. Better luck next time Doug.