• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crede to Twins?

Dahitman44

The Star-Trib said it is getting closer to a real possibility -- I am pumped.

I talked about this last spring -- at the time our favorite White Sux fan said we would have to give up an OF and a pitcher -- Now we might get him for nothing.

He would be a great addition to a worthless off season..

If he does not break down, he will play good D and hit the ball a long distance.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's starting to look like slim pickings out there so if they can get him for 1 year deal, think they should jump on it. Let him dh and have occasional days off when they face rh pitching and let Harris play 3b those games just to not overwork him. Buscher can go to the minors and learn how to field better or trade him although I doubt there's any teams out there that would want him too badly.

Now if there's another rh batter out there that has some power, then that might change things, but don't know of anything else going on with possible pickups. Still would rather see JJ Hardy as our ss but don't think that's a possibility with lnp's contract.

When he is healthy there are none better. Good power, outstanding glove. He will make plays that will make you hit the rewind button but every now and then he will boot an easy two hopper. Problem is the ole sachoriliac (sp?) Just when you think he is on a roll he goes down with his back and it is usually a long time on the DL and seemed to be at the absolutely worst time, as far as my beloved Pale Hose were concerned. I think Kenny has taken him off his radar screen so have at him. His agent is also one of the biggest tools in the shed, White Sox avoid working with him whenever possible. Good Luck!

Hitman,

It will be awesome, until you count on him and he goes on the DL in the stretch run for the pennent. Then it won't be so awesome for you, but I will have a warm fresh "I told you so" waiting! LOL Good Luck, you better call the green lizzard if you are going to take a shot at him!

Windy

When he is healthy there are none better. Good power, outstanding glove. He will make plays that will make you hit the rewind button

I guess you missed that part, eh KMR?

Nope, I am educated and know how to read. I guess you only like guys when they are healthy. You mentioned he lets you down during a stretch run by getting hurt, but he produced while being healthy which helped get you to the stretch in the first place. Either way the sox will go and buy up some other high dollar player to fill the void.

Crede is not Batista. Not even close. Crede has all-star ability but has a bad back that can make him disappear faster than Windy on a Sox losing streak. He says he is health so why not make a deal where the Twins and Crede both take on a little risk (short term contract with a little discount. It would be a wise move. Twins have room in the budget, there is not much else out there unless you want to spend $60 million. Moderate risk for a high reward.

PS...over the last 6 years he has averaged 120 games per year. If we can upgrade our 3B position that much for 75% of the games, I will take it.

I can't see puting a guy with a bad back on artificial turf. Really, that would be stupid on Crede's part to even try it. The Twins have been trying to posture this team for the 2010 season with the new ballpark. Last year's successs was a bit unexpected. I can't see them altering their plan. Buscher will get another year to show improvement and earn the spot. So many guys on this site act like little kids just before Christmas. They want all the good stuff without asking where the money would come from to pay for it all. When you don't get what you want, you get all whiny and stuff.

Good luck getting a short term contract on the cheap from Scott Boras and his gold glover with a World Series Ring guys!

Boras will be a problem but even Boras has to play within the market. If the market is not there and the Twinks are the only ones, or only contenders taking a risk, he may not have many other options.

I don't think Crede will take anything incentive laden buy may have to take 20% less than his normal value for a year. Twins risk wasting the money, Crede risks not ever seeing a contract of substance again. If all works out, Twins end up with a top notch 3B and Crede is looking at a large payday next winter. If there is not another market for Crede willing to do more he may just sign up here. If he is even considering the Twins I would guess that his back is healthy. If it wasn't I can't imagine he would want the beating teh dome turf would give a bad back.