• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Rod prototype.

The Chemist

Question

I need some help here, I'm trying to determine whether or not to go into production of an ice rod/jiggle stick. Basically I created it from previous experience where I've lost poles during hot bites. I am close to having a few of them made but need other peoples opinions on them. Does anyone know how I can go about getting them tested.

8 answers to this question

Give them to some of the people on here who you trust their opinions and get feedback from them. In return for their services offer them a free one once production ramps up.

I am willing to try your new rod during this ice season.

Is there anything about this that should be protected under a patent? I doubt it because everything regarding ice fishing rods is no longer a novel idea since it has already been patented.

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 11-08-2002).]

What I plan on doing is making 2 that people would try/use and they would be able to keep them. No it's not patented I haven't looked into that yet or if it even makes sense to. Three yrs ago I made 4 prototypes but was disappointed w/ them because there was no sensitivity for feeling the fish. At the time the only thing I could find for a pole insert was brass rods. Now though I have come upon a means to get jiggle stick blanks so now I believe I have something that may actually work but that doesn't mean that people are going to buy them. So what I would be looking for is the following from those who test them: Honest opinions about how they performed, if you liked them any thing to improve. And like I said for each individuals help/input they can keep the rods. Right now I'm close to being able to have them out the door I just need to find a place to get some way to protect the end s like on a jiggle stick.

Go to Menards or Home Depot, they sell plastic dip. This comes in a can and you can just dip the ends into the container and let them dry. Shoud work.

Ask for Plastic Dip, its hard to locate in the store.

The Chemist
Glad that you are using the Ice Busters! Makes me feel good to steer someone in the right direction for a great & useable product.
I think that you should check with Paul on seeing if he would want to field test your ice rods. I know he would be totally unbiased about it! smile.gifIf he were guiding some clients you would get another unbiased opinion. smile.gif

Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Good luck on your new product.
“FISH” grin.gif
www.icesaws.com

------------------
http://www.icesaws.com/

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Chemist,
please use the "Contact Us" link below and let me know what you are considering.

I'll be happy to help you out.