Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

bassNspear

photos
Bass Photos

2,688 posts in this topic

I know its still ice out there, but lets see them hawgs for the year coming up!

Deitz, im sure you have one from the ice buddy!

Good luck to all!

Crud! Deitz and I both caught our first bass of 2009 on Sunday. Didn't even think of documenting it.

More of a lift and drop technique.. LOL AND Very, very, very, short casts..

and I will admit, Ray's was bigger... But we didnt have the signed $1 bet going on sunday.. LOL

i think i get to be first!!!! Caught this beauty yesterday and she just tickled 3lbs

ikerevsip.jpg

Good thing fish don't care what you look like, between the hat, the vest and the dumb look on my face - it is amazing i am married

none the less fun catching smallies

My first fish this calendar year was a largemouth thru the ice, and I caught another one last time out, small guys, but fun to catch.

jalberg.....Nice fish, any tangle issues? smile

Tangles? Not this time. I learned my lesson last year to get the camera up asap. It helps to position the camera in shalower water than the bait. The fish seem to head for deeper water most of the time.

Heres a couple from tonight. They have been going good the last couple days up here.

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

i think i get to be first!!!! Caught this beauty yesterday and she just tickled 3lbs

ikerevsip.jpg

Good thing fish don't care what you look like, between the hat, the vest and the dumb look on my face - it is amazing i am married

3 lb's come Ike!!! j/k buddy, glad to see your getting out to do alittle fishing. You look pretty sexy in your neoprene/spandex waders.....

i knew i would get some guff from some one cause i made that 3lb fish look like a solid 1.5 in that picture - and the spandex was for you champ - i know you like curves

Here is one of the 22 smallies I caught yesterday

img284.jpg

See what I caught them on & more fish pics on my blog wink

Well I'm convinced, I need to get out on the river again this weekend. A few of my buddies went out yesterday and caught some really nice fish, the biggest was a 5 pounder. I saw pics that they sent me, the thing was huge!

ikerevsip.jpg

- it is amazing i am married

Lucky Girl whistlewink

Open water! Very nice, oh how I wish I had some open water to fish! So sick of this ice,snow,&cold! There's no open water over here in Northwest IA/Southwest MN. frown Where are you guys at? The GF parents live in Stewartville, maybe I'll have to pack one of my rods the next time we go out that way.

Here's one the kid caught through the ice in the metro.

1229970754.jpg

ole

Here's one the kid caught through the ice in the metro.

1229970754.jpg

ole

he would give sledneck a run for his money on bad looks while holding a nice fish

Heck, I was ear to ear just taking the pic! grin

ole

here is a bass my buddy caught while we were down at mille lacs a couple weeks ago

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00162.jpg