• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reflectix = Awesome!!!

Jari Razskazoff

Does anyone have any pics of the reflectix installed?

I would like to see what it looks like before I go for it. Sounds good though.

I took some pictures of mine, but For the love of God, can't figure out how to get the pictures loaded onto this site. I can't just cut and paste my pics. I can post the pics if someone can help me with loading the pics to this site. Thanks.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I leave mine in my otter cabin all the time. Works slick. Just like BBB's but mine does not go all the way down the back. It barely makes any difference in folding the poles down, and no weight difference at all - like well under a pound.

I did the same thing except I didn't insulate the back of the house. Most of the heat goes up, but I guess lining the back wouldn't be a bad idea either. I have never had condensation or ice on the ceiling of my portables after using reflectix. and yes it does stay bright in there as well

I picked up mine at Menards and it has worked wonders. Thanks everyone on here for the idea in the first place a couple weeks back.

I bought my portable used and it has nearly transparent canvas on it so i needed it bad. Used zip ties to attach it to the poles with no issues so far. I put it down the back and try put my back to the wind and it helps keep the wind out to, until it switches on you.

I get no condensation what so ever, even on the coldest of the days... well I guess i haven't been out on the coldest cold days, but you know what i mean. Warm in the warm, warm in the cold. Reflectix works the best behind you, you can literally feel that its warm on the reflectix, and cold behind it....

Reflectix is basically metallic covered bubble wrap.

Anybody tried using it on the ceiling of a perm? I would think the heat retention and extra light would be a no brainer. Especially considering the light weight requirements of a perm.