• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

National Symbol

buzzsaw

Fitting since the new president gets innagurated on Tuesday.

I spent the last few days in the frigid air of the midwest capturing images of these beauties in action. The temps ranged from -26 to +17 with a wind speed between 20 & 30 mph. Needless the two D300's and two Mark III's all had no issues.

There were a few more throw aways due to Fridays cold weather produced fog on the birds however. Here is a sampling from the last few days.

Located at my gallery now.

Nice work, Mike, all of them. I always like the steep banking shots in great light like the first one. That gets my pick. No. 3 is a close second. smilesmile

Ghostrider, that's a negative on the tower flyby. You are RTB. Do NOT make me spill my coffee with a flyby! grin

Ya I agree those are beauties. I missed out on my eagle trip this year. FOund lots of open water and far away birds. Doctor told me I cracked my lowest rib also. Still hurts and it has been almost 10 days now. Now to find a replacement hood for my 100-400. Doh!!!!

Ya, I was at Redwing last weekend and was trying to get closer to the eagles by walking down the shorline along the rail road tracks. WHen I ran out of room, I opted to scale the railroad track slope and walk closet to the power plant, on the way up, I slipped, and drove my camera into the ground and my ribs into a tree. Luckily on a cracked rib and minor damage to lense hood and was able to do a temp fix tonight with super glue.

Nice shots...Looks like Mississippi River stuff around Wabasha or so. Have you ever gone to the Vince Shute Wildlife Sanctuary?

[note from admin: Please see forum rules before posting again. Thank you]

It is the largest black bear (wildlife) sanctuary in the world in Orr, MN. Check out the American Bear Association HSOforum.

Grey Wolf Lodge

Hi Grey Wolf,

I've been to Vince Shutte and did the all day pass on the ground. I found it difficult to get the images I wanted, but thought it was an incredible experience having some very large Bears walk right up near me. Most people choose to pay a nominal fee and see them from the platform above... I'm more of an eye level picture taking guy.

P.S. The Missouri river dams below Lake Oahe are great Eagle photo locations.