• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

32 degrees today!!!! Warming trend!

Hey everybody, Im looking at the thermometer and it is saying 32 degrees!!! And the worst of it all Im sitting here at home instead of ice fishing... Now that is not right.

Honestly it is nice to get away from the -24 degrees and pretty soon get out to do some catch up work at home.

Hopefully everybody enjoys their day... smile

I sure wish that I could have joined you today. I messed up my tractor badly so I had to work on getting that thing apart.

I am planning on fishing next weekend for sure. The daughters boyfriend is planning on going along so there is a good chance that we will be there.

When the time gets closer lets plan on getting together and catch some fish...

Hey PP and you regulars down there, I guess I may need a little help. Fished Emerson this afternoon. Had probably a dozen sunnies come thru at scattered times, I had small gill pils, silver, black, ratfinkies, and a couple of other smaller jigs w/ eurolarva, pink and white both from Shucks. 2 lbs vanish line. Fish would just look, couple little twitches, didn't matter. No biters. What should I do....

Thanks Much for any advise. Sorry I missed the Boji Day, we had family Christmas....

It sounds like you are pretty close. We catch 100% of our fish on plastics it does take a little experimenting with them but it almost always pays off. Its really hard to explain jigging action in print but the less the jig moves the better it usually is. The fish down there get exposed to just about any presentation you can dream up and sometimes little things like knot position and the slightest jigging action can seperate you from everyone else.

I will be out Thursday and Friday and part of Saturday on Spirit for sure. However,this weekend is the wifes big birthday bash in Greenville. I don't think I had better miss that one if I plan on fishing again this year:) My shack will be empty though if you guys want to fish out of it Saturday afternoon or Sunday.

If not you could always join us at the bar for a few beverages

My daughters boyfriend is really looking forward to going out to ice fish this weekend. Any suggestions of where to go and what to try? I have to make it look good and out fish this guy to prove who is the real fisherman... LOL

At least he is still afraid of my guns... LOL

Honda,

Send me an e-mail at [email protected], I can't get you on fish on West but I can get you on fish on Spirit.

I will be up there Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning. I will give you my cell phone number and you can come out and fish with us if you feel like it, if not I can point you in the right direction hopefully.

Shawn give me a call when you get time.

Epkirkman, I sent an email to you with my cell phone number. I am positive that we will be fishing sometime Saturday just not quite sure about the exact time. I have to load out a load of hogs and not sure of what time the truck is coming yet.

Lets keep in touch and see if we can meet up out there. I am looking forward to joining you guys and doing some serious fishing...

Shawn, I will try calling you when I head up that way to see where you are and we can see if we can meet up also...

I sent you my phone number. I am sitting in the ice shack atm. I picked up a couple nice northerns today and have been catching perch one after another. Lots of sorting still but pretty fun.

Give me a shout when you guys head out. You can drive out at Angler's with no problems.

Thanks for the phone call epkirkman!!! I am so looking forward to giving it a shot on Saturday! I will give you a call as soon as we start heading out your way. What color is your shack? Like you said hopefully the cold weather does not shut the fish bite off. We will at least give it a good try. smile

We will see you there on Saturday. smile