Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Aqua Eye...tire ???

4 posts in this topic

Hey Aqua Eye,
I was wondering what kind of tires you have on your shack? The reason I ask is that they looked like 13"'s and the highest weight rating I could find on 13" was 998lbs so if my shack is at 2200lbs I am currently about 100lbs over limit on each tire. frown.gif Do you think I will have a problem pulling it 30 miles down to Mille Lacs? Nice shack btw!

Chiro-I think they are 14" but not sure. I would check it out for you but I haven't pulled the shack out of storage yet. Heck! I'm planning on at least a half dozen or so more openwater trips yet! My welder took the spindles and tires off of a grand am so if that tells you anything I don't know. They are not 13" though that I'm sure. If you are trying to judge the tire size from the pictures remember it is a 14' shack.Hope this helps a little-TROY

Nice lookin shack.
A bias trailer tire will have a higher load rating then a radial off a car.

Surface Tension-Thanks for the tip.I plan to change my tires as soon as I get the shack home again. One of my tires has a slow leak and I just don't want to be messing with it out on the ice somewhere. Question; would you suggest adding tubes when I get new tires? I was going to ask the guys at goodyear but what the hay-as long as we got your attention-what do you think? smile.gif Thanks for the nice comments-TROY

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Really??? Catfish is my favorite fish.
    • I suspect you haven't visited this year or seen the reports.     And, for the record, I didn't say I was catching "tons" on Mille Lacs, but it was the best lake I've visited in the last two years.  And it wasn't even close.    
    • I think Schells is Minnesota's oldest brewer, so they must be doing something right.   I know some guys from New Ulm, and they all drink Schells.   That's how I got turned onto it in the first place.  Never got burned out on it, though..
    • Sink or swim? I am sure that some of you have heard that if you put seeds in water the ones that sink are better then the ones that float. I have heard this from the old guys but I have never tried it myself. Well I found myself with some radish seeds and I decided to pour them into a cup of water and sure enough about half sunk to the bottom while the rest floated. I got out a bowl and filled it with coconut husk planting mix and put the floaters on one side and the sinkers on the other. I am now waiting to see what side comes up first or if both sides will come up at the same time.   Any comments? Has anyone else heard of this and does anyone check their seeds before planting?
    • Maybe he's just hungry............    
    • Catfish!! I haven't had that in about ten years! Dang, that looks good! 
    • All day long you sit here and demand answers from everyone else but you never answer anyone else's questions. I wonder why that is?    
    • I would guess even Fletcher would say Stall has passed all expectations. I will give credit to Fletcher for building this team from absolute zero, we had almost no skill or prospects when he took over,  sure it took longer than we wanted but right now it is worth it. No doubt luck can play a roll, most GM's don't have a Suter, Parise, Stall & BB fall into their lap but quality drafting and development are also paying big dividends right now. We also have a lot of high end prospects that can fill in for the vets in the coming years. A cup is still a long ways away but this year is probably the best NHL team the state has ever seen.
    • Tonight I made some baked Cajun catfish fillets and Home-made macaroni and cheese. Needless to say, I was the hero of the day!       
  • Our Sponsors