Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Aqua Eye...tire ???

4 posts in this topic

Hey Aqua Eye,
I was wondering what kind of tires you have on your shack? The reason I ask is that they looked like 13"'s and the highest weight rating I could find on 13" was 998lbs so if my shack is at 2200lbs I am currently about 100lbs over limit on each tire. frown.gif Do you think I will have a problem pulling it 30 miles down to Mille Lacs? Nice shack btw!

Chiro-I think they are 14" but not sure. I would check it out for you but I haven't pulled the shack out of storage yet. Heck! I'm planning on at least a half dozen or so more openwater trips yet! My welder took the spindles and tires off of a grand am so if that tells you anything I don't know. They are not 13" though that I'm sure. If you are trying to judge the tire size from the pictures remember it is a 14' shack.Hope this helps a little-TROY

Nice lookin shack.
A bias trailer tire will have a higher load rating then a radial off a car.

Surface Tension-Thanks for the tip.I plan to change my tires as soon as I get the shack home again. One of my tires has a slow leak and I just don't want to be messing with it out on the ice somewhere. Question; would you suggest adding tubes when I get new tires? I was going to ask the guys at goodyear but what the hay-as long as we got your attention-what do you think? smile.gif Thanks for the nice comments-TROY