Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seabass77

Paulin Heater Problem

7 posts in this topic

I’ve got a heater problem with my Paulin 3500 heater/cooker. I was running it on Saturday in my garage and it quit working on me…. I told paulin all the specifics of what happened and they said what tends to happen is that spiders and insects can crawl down one of the holes in the frame of the unit and clog the orifices. My problem is how to fix it. Any place I take it to get fixed, if I could find one, would probably charge me more money in labor than if I just purchased a new one. What really stinks is that the unit is less than a year old.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Joe

First are you sure your not out of propane? smile.gif
Will light up again if you push in the thermocoupler botton. If so bend the the mounting tab closer to the sunflower. If it wont stay lite after doing this you need to replace the thermocoupler.

If the gas doesnt run with the button pushed in then I would guess that your orfice is pluged. There easy to take apart and clean. Maybe paulin has a place you can send it if you dont want to do it yourself.

Dont take it apart till you try what we suggested. Not sure what size the orfice is but a bread twister might fit.

When you say orifice, where are you referring to exactly? Where the vertical silver tube connects to the brass fixture on top?

Please excuse my ignorance...I really appreciate your help.

I pulled mine apart last year. Nothing to it actually. Made sure the orfice was clear. I don't actually remember why I pulled mine apart thou. Like ST said, if you hold the button in and hear gas (or stays lit) it's not plugged and your Tcouple is the problem.

I'll try taking it apart tonight and let you guys know. Thanks!