• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Paulin Heater Problem

Seabass77

Question

I’ve got a heater problem with my Paulin 3500 heater/cooker. I was running it on Saturday in my garage and it quit working on me…. I told paulin all the specifics of what happened and they said what tends to happen is that spiders and insects can crawl down one of the holes in the frame of the unit and clog the orifices. My problem is how to fix it. Any place I take it to get fixed, if I could find one, would probably charge me more money in labor than if I just purchased a new one. What really stinks is that the unit is less than a year old.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Joe

6 answers to this question

First are you sure your not out of propane? smile.gif
Will light up again if you push in the thermocoupler botton. If so bend the the mounting tab closer to the sunflower. If it wont stay lite after doing this you need to replace the thermocoupler.

If the gas doesnt run with the button pushed in then I would guess that your orfice is pluged. There easy to take apart and clean. Maybe paulin has a place you can send it if you dont want to do it yourself.

When you say orifice, where are you referring to exactly? Where the vertical silver tube connects to the brass fixture on top?

Please excuse my ignorance...I really appreciate your help.

I pulled mine apart last year. Nothing to it actually. Made sure the orfice was clear. I don't actually remember why I pulled mine apart thou. Like ST said, if you hold the button in and hear gas (or stays lit) it's not plugged and your Tcouple is the problem.