• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Photo Gallery

Team Otter

What the.....?  What are you doing fishing those "bottom dwellers"?  You are the crappie king...LOL, Let me know when you get on a crappie bite up there and I will swing up...or if you want to drop down half way to that lake just s of hwy 2 we have done well on in the past just PM me...been pretty good for me last couple of outings down in the DL area.  NICE FISH BTW!!!

A buddy of mine decided to take the family out for a evening of slip bobber action. Me and a couple friends fished next to them in another boat. Walleyes were slow moving but we got to watch his wife land this 27 inch dandy! Another biggest walleye memory made! What a year it's been already and the summer is just getting started!

And Another 28 landed yesterday with 4 other nice fish in a couple hrs of fishing! We are seeing the results from local stocking and a lot of CPR on this lake in the past! Some more catch and release F-U-N!!!Have a look! 

VZM.IMG_20160527_080343.jpg

VZM.IMG_20160527_190534.jpg

IMG_20160527_173741141.jpg

On 5/23/2016 at 11:56 AM, 556LaGue said:

We had a very eventful evening of fishing Saturday. Me and a buddy of mine brought his g/f and a good friend of ours out for a evening of slip bobber action. 15+ walleyes caught in about an hr of fishing. Most fish being in that 14-16 inch range and one very healthy 26 inch to top things off! Funny thing was me and my buddy stood back and helped the ladies and didn't fish much at all. Taking fish off and baiting hooks kept us both very busy, as we caught just about every species that swims in that lake that night also. Fat heads and leeches being the baits of choice. Fish were up shallow yet. Biggest eye she's landed to date and was happy to be there with the net for her! The hook popped out as soon as it got in the boat! Haha have a look! 

VZM.IMG_20160522_094738.jpg

LaGue, dude you need to ditch your buddies and just go fishing with their wives and GF's! :P

VZM.IMG_20160527_080343.thumb.jpg.a0bd2abbe4e75b402bebd4396bfeda80.jpg

Got out in the early am and got into some smaller walleyes. Fished off the dock for a bit in the afternoon and landed this nice 25". Should be a interesting weekend coming up w a memorial tournament. Hopefully these quality fish stay active for us! Have a look! 

VZM.IMG_20160610_151257.jpg

Got out yesterday on some sketchy ice. Was at my mom's place and decided to check some ice. After figuring out I wasn't going to make it out far, come to the conclusion i was just going to set a couple tip ups out and watch from the house. Had 3 flags early in the day but couldn't seem to connect with a fish. They would run with the minnow and drop it shortly after. Thinking they were small fish tripping the flags. Prime time rolled around and I spotted a flag in 12+ FOW! Excited and praying to the walleye gods I ran out to the flag! Upon arrival it seemed it was another dead flag as I pulled a decent amount of line up. All the sudden I felt a good bump on the other end of the line and the line started rolling out of my hands! Gave it a good hook set and soon found out I had a NICE fish on! Steady pull and BIG head shakes!! Gotta be a walleye I was thinking to myself trying to stay calm and collected! Sure enough! The eyes lit up as she came through the hole once!! Calm and collected soon turned into panic! She thrashed around and I couldn't seem to get her head started up the hole! Let her run one more time and try again I said. So I did, as she came to the hole the 2nd time she was a lot slower moving than the first sighting of her. I slowly reached down and grabbed a gill and landed this respectable Mrs Walter!!! Did a little CPR and sent her on her way with a little TLC. Your not living if you don't get excited about that! 27 inches and some change. I've caught bigger but it's my first fish of the year so I'm not complaining! Scratched the itch I've had since first freeze up!! HAVE A LOOK!! 

VZM.IMG_20161211_173055.jpg

VZM.IMG_20161211_173213.jpg

Here are a couple walleyes my son caught this last weekend. This was his first big boy trip with me, and we rented a sleeper etc. Wasn't sure how he was going to do, we have only done short trips out in the portable before but he was a trooper the entire weekend. He had a blast chasing rattle reels.

B3B28759-12C5-4557-82E1-30DBDDD5EB98_zps