• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Perch Photo Gallery

Team Otter

Well i made it out for the first time this year and did some poking around. found em up on the deep side of scattered rock piles in 15-17'...kinda surprising in regards to the past few years but hey i guess one cant complain anytime there is a nice mess of jumbo perch to be had? i would really like to see these fish move ou onto the flats which i think they will here soon mainly because the schools are a bit larger and activity above the ice has less of an effect on them. The size is running good, lots of smaller ones 8-9" perch which is good to see but plenty of very healthy 11-12.5" perch too. Genz worms and waxies or spikes seemed to be the rig of choice for this day on the ice

here is a pic of one of the jumbo's from yesterday4181223619_0d14c85805_m.jpg

i was catching a couple jumbos sight fishing the day after christmas. (i hooked into a few, but only landed one, one wrapped up in the bullrushes and broke off, and the other flopped out of my hand and back down the hole)

PC250119.jpg

PC250118.jpg

here is nice one from christmas day on LHD

PC240111.jpg

cant wait to get out during late ice on LHD for more jumbos like i got last winter!

Thanks all! cool

Jim - those two fish came out of a small 110 acre private lake in NE Pennsylvania. It was actually the first time we fished there. We cut about 40 holes till we found some fish and picked a couple a dozen before calling it a day.

I typically get a handfull of perch in the 13-15 inch class each season. Have come close but never broke that 15 inch line, yet...

JigginJim - I wish it was only 8 hours. A few years ago I fished LOW and Upper Red. Yep we drove, and I believe it was a tad over 20 hours to the Twin Cities!

It sounds like the place out there for the best shot at pig perch is in the UP of Michigan...