Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Scott M

Panfish Photo Gallery

Please share your panfish photos here.

All photos are welcome provided they fall within forum policy . Big fish are always crowd pleasers, but first fish, first time panfishing, or kids or elderly fishing are great pics too.

Please don't be hesitant to share. Many people are living vicariously through your fishing stories, photos, and videos when they can't get out!

Good luck panfishin' this year and be sure to post some pictures here.

We had our annual up north ice fishing outing this weekend, We were going to fish a few different lakes looking for the biggest panfish. lots of snow and temps down to 30 below had us change our plans and we stayed at the lake were we were staying on and fished for sunfish the whole time.

It was hard to get around without snowmobiles, it was so deep, and the slush was bad, but we still found lots of nice sunfish mostly in 16 ft. We used small jigs tipped with maggots, or plastics, gulp!waxies worked well too.

mt+hugegill.jpg

bull+sunnie.jpg

MT

I'll kick this thing off. I posted this on the 2008 pic topic and didn't even think about it. I caught it in 2009! Here it is again:

12"er from this weekend:

bigcrappie12.jpg

Nice crappie Drew!

Cyberfish... Man I wish I could have made that trip with you guys. I was stuck at home with a sick kid and having to go to work on top of it. Looks like you guys got into some big gills. Also looks like heart-attacks-ville pulling houses around out there without a sled. Hopefully things will line up better next year.

hahaha I'll second that mrfish, i think the smallest sunfish i've ever caught has come out of lake marion. I've yet to catch a sunfish over 5 inches out of that lake. I did get into some 7-9 inchers on Chisago last week, that was fun, and i caught them between midnight and 5am.

heres my 2 biggest ones of the night, a couple 10 inchers from tonight on a south metro lake with Geppy and another friend. caught around 15-18 in about 2 hours all from 7 inches to 10 inches long with a few dinky perch mixed in.

(the second pic i have a mouthfull of sunflower seeds thats why my mouth looks puffed out)

DSCN1736.jpg

DSCN1735.jpg

indeed we did! grin we live on this lake and fish it almost everyday and this is the first year we have found some nice sized crappies. a week ago i lost a 12 incher at the hole. we never keep fish out of this lake just because we like catching them when they are bigger! this lake recieves tons of pressure in which alot of guys keep a bunch of 7-8 inchers frown

http://mtbucket.blogspot.com/2009/01/metro-panfish-outing.html

MT and Jack hit a small metro lake for some panfish action. we got lots of good eating sized crappies and a few bluegills. They were at around 15 ft down in 20 feet.

I got mine on a fatboy jig with maggots, I think Jack got his on a ratso jig. It was nice to get out in the sun with no wind!

slab.jpg

sunfish1.jpg

crappie+scales.jpg

iced+sunfish.jpg

eye+of+crappie.jpg

sunfish2.jpg

crappie00.jpg

sunfish3.jpg