• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vex Question- Update or not to update...

Mankato-Ice-Man

Question

I have one of the Vex FL18's with the bottom lock issues.
I know Vex will do a software flash update and all, but I think I remember that someone said doing the update makes something else not work as advertised. Am I mis-remembering this or does anyone here remember this?

So, I am asking if anyone had the update done and if so were you more happy with your FL-18 then before you had it updated?
I would like to send mine in this week or early next week and would really value hearing anyones opinions. Thanks in advance.

------------------
Born to Fish, Forced to Work!

17 answers to this question

Earlier this summer I brought mine and two friends down to have them fixed. In and out in 10 minutes for all three. I can't wait to use it. I haven't heard any other downfalls. Vexilar is a #1 company when it comes to customer satisfaction. Zimm

I talked with a Vexilar Rep at a Distributor show and he basically said if you fish in Mille Lacs you should have the update done. The Vexilars act goofy on Mille Lacs because he said their is alot of muck above the rocks. The Vexilar then gets a bad reading of the bottom. They asked dave Genz if his Vexilar ever acts up and Dave said no. But he hadn't ice fished on Mille Lacs at that time. Most of the Lakes have a more consistant bottom. The Rep said something about if you have the update done, then you have to turn it on and off every time you switch holes that are in different depths. So he figured I would be fine without having the update. smile.gif

------------------
Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com

Seabass,

Thanks for the location info.

Bruce,

I had the problem on every lake I ice fished last year, including LOW. If it's free, and takes a few minutes, then there's no reason to wait smile.gif

Thanks, and GOOD LUCK!!
Rusty

I UPS'd mine to minneapolis on friday and it was already at my house today when I got home from work!!! WOW !!!! What great customer service.

Can't wait to get to use it again.

Thanks.
I am going to send it in today.
I have no idea where I got the idea that the flash update caused something else to not work. One of those days I guess.
Now I just have to sit and look at the darn thing counting down the temps until I get to use it!
Thanks again,
Jeremy

------------------
Born to Fish, Forced to Work!

How do I know if mine has the update or not? I just got it from Reeds about a month ago.

Thanks
Stick grin.gif

[This message has been edited by stickboyracing (edited 11-06-2002).]

Mankato, you weren't mis-remembering things. This was talked about earlier this spring. check this link. http://fishingminnesota.com/ubb/Forum30/HTML/000766.html
On page 6 is where there was some trouble on the update and the cure for it. That is what made me have second thoughts on doing it. I have been putting it off in sending it in. But I think I'm going to be doing it this week.

[This message has been edited by 2dog (edited 11-12-2002).]