Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Mankato-Ice-Man

Vex Question- Update or not to update...

I have one of the Vex FL18's with the bottom lock issues.
I know Vex will do a software flash update and all, but I think I remember that someone said doing the update makes something else not work as advertised. Am I mis-remembering this or does anyone here remember this?

So, I am asking if anyone had the update done and if so were you more happy with your FL-18 then before you had it updated?
I would like to send mine in this week or early next week and would really value hearing anyones opinions. Thanks in advance.

------------------
Born to Fish, Forced to Work!

I have two, and I got them both updated last year. They worked great afterwards,no problems. Get it done. No more hassles!!Scott Steil

Earlier this summer I brought mine and two friends down to have them fixed. In and out in 10 minutes for all three. I can't wait to use it. I haven't heard any other downfalls. Vexilar is a #1 company when it comes to customer satisfaction. Zimm

Got mine done late late last winter. It did fix the bottom issue. I stopped in at the shop in Bloomington, brought my unit in and was out before my cigar went out in my truck.

This reminds me... I need to get mine updated. Where can you drop it off to get it done? Thanks

Good Luck,
Rusty

88th and lyndale in bloomington. You don't even need to drop it off really. It only takes them about 2 minutes to do the upgrade. I wish all companies were like vexilar.

I talked with a Vexilar Rep at a Distributor show and he basically said if you fish in Mille Lacs you should have the update done. The Vexilars act goofy on Mille Lacs because he said their is alot of muck above the rocks. The Vexilar then gets a bad reading of the bottom. They asked dave Genz if his Vexilar ever acts up and Dave said no. But he hadn't ice fished on Mille Lacs at that time. Most of the Lakes have a more consistant bottom. The Rep said something about if you have the update done, then you have to turn it on and off every time you switch holes that are in different depths. So he figured I would be fine without having the update. smile.gif

------------------
Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com

Seabass,

Thanks for the location info.

Bruce,

I had the problem on every lake I ice fished last year, including LOW. If it's free, and takes a few minutes, then there's no reason to wait smile.gif

Thanks, and GOOD LUCK!!
Rusty

I UPS'd mine to minneapolis on friday and it was already at my house today when I got home from work!!! WOW !!!! What great customer service.

Can't wait to get to use it again.

Thanks.
I am going to send it in today.
I have no idea where I got the idea that the flash update caused something else to not work. One of those days I guess.
Now I just have to sit and look at the darn thing counting down the temps until I get to use it!
Thanks again,
Jeremy

------------------
Born to Fish, Forced to Work!

How do I know if mine has the update or not? I just got it from Reeds about a month ago.

Thanks
Stick grin.gif

[This message has been edited by stickboyracing (edited 11-06-2002).]

Stickboyracing go to the ice fishing page and there is a great article from Backwater Eddy that has good info. I sent it back to the top.

I sent my FL-18 via UPS from N IL on 11-5 & got it back on 11-8. Great turn around from N IL to Mpls & back. No worries!

------------------
TobStar

Mankato, you weren't mis-remembering things. This was talked about earlier this spring. check this link. http://fishingminnesota.com/ubb/Forum30/HTML/000766.html
On page 6 is where there was some trouble on the update and the cure for it. That is what made me have second thoughts on doing it. I have been putting it off in sending it in. But I think I'm going to be doing it this week.

[This message has been edited by 2dog (edited 11-12-2002).]