• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Aerated Bait Bucket?

Question

This winter I'm going to invest in an aerated bucket as my minnows "kick the bucket" much too quickly.

Which bucket is the best. The frabill seems the nicest, but I've heard complaints about the motor dying. The Mr. Bubles type which mounts on the side of the bucket appears that it may freeze in the winter.

Which type do you suggest?

Todd
Waupaca, WI

5 answers to this question

I have the frabil and the motor died on the second use...took it back and now the new one is having problems again. I have never had problems with minnows dieing in the winter months and I just used the foam bucket that fits in a five gallon bucket then when I get home I keep it in my entry way that stays around 50 degrees. I put a regular aerator in it and they are good to go for the next trip!

Ukalum, I got tired of picking up minnows in the bottom of the trap so I built one out of the 1.5 gallon drink kooler with the screw on top that has a nozzel for pouring your drink.I picked the kooler up at K-Mart. Its round and I put the MR.Bubbles under the handel. Two seasons and no problems. Hope this helps.
Sturge1

I was at a Distributor show and Frabill was set up next to my booth. They have a new Min-o-Life Station (#1404) that kind of looks like a small insulated cooler. Pull up the bait net, retrieve a minnow and your fingers don't get so cold I think it looks great. I gotta get one! ICE IS COMING, Bruce Mosher

------------------
Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com

All you have to use is a minnow bucket and stick a fish aqaurium air pump in it. I ahve kept mnnows alive from weekend to weekend. Throw in some bread crumbs every couple days and you are good to go.