• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canadarago Reports -2009

Fished Darago in 30' off the the west side and caught 20 nice perch. Fished from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and caught fish on gold Kasmasters 1/8 oz. tipped with red guppi's and Dark Cloud's brown clown. Walking was a pain fist thing this morning they had received a good 6 to 7" of snow starting late last evening and the ice was still good 5" black 1.5" of white problem was this morning blazing a trail there was a 4" top layer of snow and then 1.5' to 2" of slush mad naturally all this pushed in front of the trap like there was a plow on it and I had to stop 6 times to catch my breath to walk 200 yards. Any how the fishing was pretty good...

1001372hr3.jpg

1001373tv6.jpg

1001374uh5.jpg

I had made a make shift livewell below my feet to drop the perch into but the pic didn't come out all the way. Was quite a few guys out there with me I counted 10 huts...

1001377cx3.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a report on darago at noon today perch fishing is good off boat launch 28 to 30 FOW.7 of my friends were down there and all limited out by noon.I don't think I will be traveling out there by the looks of the forcast staying close to home.

Were going out of Joes place Saturday a.m...

Tuzzy come to Rome and park in my driveway and will load up, be there by 5:30 a.m. Frank if you can get another guy to ride with you that's the max vehicles we can park at Joes (3 vehicles) He will be checking the parking situation again later this afternoon and I'll post an update this evening.

Were meeting at the diner down the street from the old one in Richfield Springs it's just past the light and on the right at 0630 a.m. Dress warm guys it's gonna be chilly

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
I'm out for Darago tomorrow a.m. sick As in I wont be there, I'm calling Joe , Tuzzy and Frank now...

Oh C'mon there Sally, those CNY temps are a heatwave compared to the southern ADKS grin We're hitting the ice at 7am and it will be 25 below zero whistle

(Sally) thats funny right there John laughlaugh I know I won't be on the ice early I have to have something radiating out there other than bitter cold, I guess you can call me (sally) too laughlaugh my buddy Donnie and I are going to access oneida from Don's friends home that lives on the lake for the walldo's wink around 9am

Sally, I mean Timmie, you missed it! Met Tom D at the diner and by the time breakfast was over was on the ice at 0730. It was a balmy -8 and just a light gentle breeze out of the south. Eyes felt like they were glassed over by the time we got to the spot off Joe's. (Joe did not make it until the pm ... he was busy ... tending a garden!!!) Fished 34 fow and Tom and I both limited out. I stayed the rest of the day to practice. Lots of fish marked and they seemed to like the lure worked hard and then take it away as they showed up at 2-3 feet off the bottom and rocketed to a small rainbow trout jigging rap or you know ...

C had a hot an early run today, Craig, Z, Joe, the Smith's, and Wheels all caught nice fish up til 9:30 and she slowed a bit, talked to Wheeler and Joe at 12:45 and he Wheels had 20 nice ones, still producing nice perch...

Spoon bite was slowing yesterday after the morning run. The guys did limit but they had to work at it... Craig's at it again this morning. Friday is looking good Z talked to DC after I talked to you this a.m. I'll know more Thursday afternoon. Looks like some nice days to fish the next two days...

Projected weather for Friday...

Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 30s. Southwest winds around 10 mph

Lee only faired a bit more fish after you left and ended with 14. Breakfast was great at the diner in Richfield Springs under the current ownership as the closing is Monday. There gonna keep the diner there according to our lovely waitress, it's just that someone else will be running the show. Be nice if two of the waitresses woud stay wink Doug thanks for the grub and great fishing with you. About 30 minutea after Doug got off the ice I was getting ready to walk-in when we met the Smiths, Fred Jr. and Sr. and Fred gave me a ride back on the sled, thanks Fred. Didn't take any pics today and I did bring the camera, just forgot to take some.

Freddy was on some pretty good fish today he hauled a nice hog out just before i jumped on the sled in. Thanks to Jay for painting up my knackers and providing a nice wiry ending on them, wink they worked really well today for the few fish I marked, Thanks Jay and john for your company as well as Doug's and the cookies Jay... Sorry i didn't get over to visit with you Wheeler but I fished a little later than I plan but made it back just fine...

Fished Darago Thurs and Fri. A lot of solid 11" - 12s" on Thurs but nothing big by Darago standards. Fri was a much tougher bite and the fish did not run as big as those on Thurs but all in all a pretty good day. Any day on the ice is a good one but this day was a lot nicer when Tank and Dark Cloud were nice enough to stop and say hello. Talked about the old days and had some laughs. Was sorry to learn that I just missed AW and CNY Tim and I was sad to hear that Tim was taken off the lake by snowmobile. I guess that he had trouble walking because of his severe case of cameltoe.

Jay was nice enough to give me a couple of his jigs - as you guys know the paint job was incredible. A lot like a GMC vehicle - "professional grade". They look like something you'd buy at Gander.

Anyways, thanks for stopping by and saying hello. Looking forward to wetting some lines and havings some laughs during this season.

Dave - longtime no see usually we talk at the beginning of every other ice season. crazy Looking forward to seeing you on the ice soon. That sled ride was nice on the way in and I'm sure the toe felt good on Freddy's backside laugh