• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oneida lake ice

Thunderman, Thanks for the reply, The morning it was -15 I went to the north shore and my atv wouldn't start so I went home and found a fouled spark plug cleaned it and it started right up but it costs to much to drive there to make two trips in one day.I will buy an extra plug tomorrow on my way to work. I have owned the atv for 15 years and it has never failed to start, I use it all winter to bring wood to the house.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lester...good to see you figured it out. I had problems with my Cat last night...found out that my Fuel Pump was iced up pretty bad. My mechanic put the Salamander on it and it is good to go. Thank God...I will be in Michigan with it in 9 days for an NAIFC Tourney. I pray it doesn't have any problems out there cry Hate to Trailer something 11 hours and not have it work frown

fished off the beach again yesterday with my father and one of my buddys, between the three of us we managed one 19" eye and 1 perch. i did loose a nice eye at the hole and had a couple of hits. i wasnt marking as many fish as i usualy do. it sure was a nice day though!

I was out front of Sylvan today for about 3.5 hours and would've stayed longer if I had a heater (mine bit the dust first thing this am). During the time I fished I marked a lot of fish and managed to ice 2 decent bass, took a pic of one 14.5"er. Spent from 11:30 till 2:30 running around north of Syracuse trying to find another heater. These things are like gold this time of season unless you want to pull around a 20lb propane tank in your sled, or a POS heater. Finally found a Mr. Heater at Lowes in Oneida on clearance. Don't know anything about these heaters, hope it's a decent one. I'll see tomorrow cause I'm heading out on Oneida Lake.

I am going to hit oneida this am thinking somewhere off south shore maybe lewis point not sure yet where ever the GPS tells me to go grin.Rumor has it they are getting some eyes out there might have to investigate could be a big stroke but you never know.

Not a bad morning was out and did some snow raking at the in-laws, bright and early and I found my cell phone eek It's cold but nearly any wind in Rome... Al I have that same heater and just like the buddy heaters it's susceptible to blowing out with the slightest little fart breeze in your shack but it's one hot mother and will be plenty on those super cold days.

I decided to go off chapman park this morning drilled one hole on a GPS mark 21 fow.I marked fish about every 10 to 15 minutes ended up catching 10 perch only 5 keepers but nice.I also caught 2 short eyes,2 large rockbass :o,and 2 smallmouth not to bad of a day on oneida.

no thats not a bad day at all! my father my grandfather and i fished off the beach in our usual spot today. i limited out on eyes around noon, and i lost a monster walleye, i couldnt fit him out of my 8" hole. my dad ended up with 2 walleye, 1 short and a nice 19". with 6 bonus perch. and my grandfather got 1 keeper eye and i think he threw a few back. thats not even counting all the hits we missed. it was a very productive day cool

Fished out of Chapman Park today long ways from shore. My first hit was like a Mac Truck hit my line, played it real easy and it took a ton of line off the reel. Slowly reeled the line back in only to have the line snap Biggest fish I've ever fought. Took my brand new Cast Master with 6 mouses on it and about 30' of line. Marked a lot of fish and ended up with 2 Bass, a baby walleye and 3 nice Perch that were invited to dinner. Took some pics a usual. New heater works nice, but not as good as the old one. Will be going back out tomorrow (Monday).

Went to Williams Park today from 8AM till 6PM and roamed out past the island, drilled a sh load of holes, marked less than 2 dozen fish all day. Ended my day with 5 perch (no keepers). Every one I talked to said they had a rough day on the ice. Going out again tomorrow (Tuesday), don't know where yet but I'm not giving up. I've got to get into some decent fish eventually. I must be doing something wrong, now if I could only figure out what it is.

Sniper - Not doing anything wrong, no good reports from anywhere today yet. The barometer was real high. Not that that shuts em down all the time, but it's usually not a good thing. Let me guess, the fish you did mark today were real tight to the bottom?

Also Al, the fish on that end of the lake can really be on the shrimp which means they can be sucidal or real picky. Sometimes real small stuff like marmooskas, ybd's, and small jigs tipped with 2 spikes will work well. And small flies can turn those perch on too. Light biters for sure when they are in a down mood...

Yea DC every fish I marked today was hugging the bottom for all it was worth. I had a real hard time getting one more than 2 foot off the bottom. They would come up and take a quick look at my Jammin Jig and then shoot right back down to the bottom again. I used at least 30 different small jigs today.

Thanks Tim in that last picture look in the hole and you will see the minnows they were spitting up plus fresh water shrimp and worms.

Can anyone tell what the minnow is you won't believe it shocked.The minnow was still alive when I caught the fish.