• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Glojigs"

Skeets

Question

Has anyone had any luck with these battery powered jigs? I am making a trip to Upper Red and Lake of the Woods this weekend and hope to give them a try.
I noticed the threads were kind of screwed up, the cap didn't want to screw on straight. The light still worked though.
Just looking for positive/negative feelings on this new product.

Thanks,
Skeets smile.gif

13 answers to this question

In my opinion your money is better spent on new super glow luminescent jigs than battery powered gadgets. If you want to put batteries in something put them in a good camera flash and than use rechargeable batteries for that.

Northland and Costume Jig's and Spin's have new super glow finishes that last up to 45 minutes compared to the old 15 to 20 minute a shot glow jigs. Better use of a dollar and less junk in the tackle box that never get used in my opinion.

I use a Vivitar 2000 flash avalable at Wall Mart for $18 and powered it with Rayovac rechargeable alkaline batteries. I hate buying $200 worth of throw away's every year, don't do it any more. My second year on the same batteries and they hold a charge very well and recharge fast too. Environmentally friendly too.

Well worth the investment in the charger. I use the rechargeable in all my outdoor stuff, GPS, flashlights, cameras, flash's, radios, and lighted market buoys.

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

Backwater Guiding Service
><ED ON THE RED>
[email protected]
(701)-671-3079

Hey Eddy!
I've been using this little light called a pocket beam. It has a super intense blue beam that really does a number on the new glow in the dark stuff! It also fits on a keychain, or your jacket zipper. Cost is alot less than 18 dollars and the battery is supposed to last up to ten years. Mine is still like the day I took it out of the package. I got one sitting right in front of me with your name on it! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

The only place Ive been able to get my paws on those lights is through scenic tackle...Jeff is ordering more so ya better give him a buzz if you want one. I think these widgets are going to be a hot item this year!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Hey Paul,
Where can I get one of those? I met with Jeff Beckwith the other day and he showed me his. Wow! that thing is bright! I made the mistake of looking at the light when I lit it up (I'll be more carefull next time).

------------------
Adam Johnson
www.adamjohnsonfishing.com