• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

H2O GPS

evinrude19

Going to bite the bullet huh? I finally had to do same thing towards the end of last years ice season and got the H20C. Go for the lake master chip and go for the H20C if it is in the budget.

Maybe see ya Rush sometime, (then maybe you can show me how to use mine grin)

Congrats on the future purchase... I think you'll like it.

"hooks"

What's an XOG?

Lowrance XOG GPS - it's a cross over that can be used for outdoors, and also int he car. It has some downfalls from all the research I've done (shorter batter life, not water proof), but for what I need, it should work. Also nice to have one that works well in the car too.

Does the Lakemaster chip include all the lakes in MN? I just received one also and I was trying to figure out which chip I should get but when I was researching what lakes are on them I could not find that anywhere on the internet. Can a person also purchase a chip for these of roads?

The lakemaster chip will allow you to zoom in much further than the navionics chip, but the navionics have more than just minnesota lakes... i believe the navionics chip has N.D., MN, MI,and IA, but the lakemaster only has Minnesota lakes...

I got the Lakemaster, and my buddy got the Navionics.

My buddy wishes he had gotten the lakemaster.

Here is a link to the lakes on the lakemaster chip, check to see if the ones you fish are here. There are many that I fish that dont have contours but I can still save waypoints on them. Many many lakes though!!

http://www.lakemap.com/lakemasterproductlakelistsforthelakemastermnwiandmimmccards.aspx

I bought mine off of Craigs. $80 for the MN2008, I paid with paypal and he shipped it to me but is in Prior lake and woud allow pick up at the same price. Shane is his name. if you cant find him send me a message or a post. Enjoy!!

From what I understand, the H2O units are going away from the standard Lakemap format. In other words, you won't be able to use the same chip in your boat depth finder and the H2O in the future. The new h2O units will use the micro SD card, or at least a different one than the boat models use.

I'm not sure when the changeover will occur, but really a bummer if you ask me.

This info came from a salesman at a large sporting goods retailer, who had just talked to a rep from Lowrance. The rep said they've had all kinds of people contact Lowrance to tell them they're making a big mistake, but no luck. It's one of those "corporate" decisions that leaves the customers hosed.